Toronto Burano | ?m | 48s | Lanterra | a—A

I thought they were keeping part of the facade of the old building? Did I miss something?

It was found that the excavation was so close to the facade, it had to be taken down as it was determined that it would likely not survive. The soil beneath was also found to be unstable. The facade has been measured, dismantled, salvaged & stored and will be reconstructed on the new concrete building structure once it is constructed.

It was found that the excavation was so close to the facade, it had to be taken down as it was determined that it would likely not survive. The soil beneath was also found to be unstable. The facade has been measured, dismantled, salvaged & stored and will be reconstructed on the new concrete building structure once it is constructed.

Oh great :) So like Bay-Adelaide then. Taken away, cleaned up and restored once ready.

I hope they do it well and resist the urge to add pseudo-historical pippypoos to the restoration like they did at BA Centre. What with that cheese between the windows? Looks like a cheap faux condo.

2984975772_e4df42cfc1_b.jpg

I agree totally! (nice pic)
Who makes pippypoos anyway?

So I guess the real question is, are they starting construction now? Or is there going to be a delay because we see digging?

If by construction you mean building upwards, then no, they are not starting. They must do the shoring work and excavation before any concrete foundation is laid. I include demolition, shoring and excavation as part of the overall construction process.

Granny,

Most, if not all, of Toronto's pippypoos originate from the Hunan People's Pippypoo Factory No. 12 in Zhuzhou.

We thank you very much for your inquiry into this matter, and consider the file closed.

Your humble servant,

Archivist.

That's what I meant, digging? So they are going to start digging and hence building right away ... great!

^ Probably not. They have to dig out the old basement, then shore up the site before excavation could begin.

Details, details. You're absolutely correct of course. I glanced at the site when returning from the Santa Claus parade - I guess I was still in a state of suspended reality (more & more my preferred state of mind). What I saw was a midling hole of considerable area near the Bay Street side of the lot and let my imagination fill in the blanks - oops!

And wouldn't there be an underground stream or something around here? (The one that, together with the Depression, nipped further progress on Eaton's College in the bud.)

Details, details. You're absolutely correct of course. I glanced at the site when returning from the Santa Claus parade - I guess I was still in a state of suspended reality (more & more my preferred state of mind). What I saw was a midling hole of considerable area near the Bay Street side of the lot and let my imagination fill in the blanks - oops!

The middling hole has expanded considerably and big brutish looking tubes are being driven into the earth

Back