Toronto X The Condominium | ?m | 44s | Great Gulf | a—A

I agree with interchange that the influx of new residents that these several new developments will bring can do wonders for this neighbourhood. And I agree with khristopher and junctionist that we're not seeing a copy of the TD but - much as Teeple has done with his Gansevoort building - the appropriation of the essence of an existing building translated into new form. In the case of Gansevoort we get an homage to Habitat - turned on its side - an in the case of X we get a famous local office building translated as residential. Both are acts of thievery, not faux copyism.

Construction progress.

2993337423_5131dc45be_b.jpg

View facing east. P2 framing almost complete. First pour on Oct. 31, 2008.

Last edited:
looking at this compiliation of construction update photos ... I can only say holy molly :cool: this underground garage is being poured very quickly ... WOW !

great progress ... thanks to everyone on these pics

July 25 2008

P5 begins... Looking east towards Jarvis, the Couture sales office is on the top left.
2704782570_dc9b84c575_b.jpg

August 26 2008

P5 completed ...
X_Aug26-08.jpg

September 27 2008

Pouring cement for P4
2892932748_05bec1a4bf_b.jpg

October 18 2008

P3 begins ...
2939836691_4a69d0dc18_b.jpg

October 22 2008

P3 nearly complete. Framing for P2 underway.
2965413973_5f0b2e89ae_b.jpg

November 1 2008

View facing east. P2 framing almost complete.
2993337423_5131dc45be_b.jpg

Pouring of the last quadrant on P2 is being performed today. Half of the foundation for P1 has also been built.

Walked by the site today, and amazed at the progress.

Question though (cause I really dont know how they work)... Do they stop completely when it rains (or snows?). Absolutely no workers on site when I walked by today.

I would imagine that wet conditions such as rain and snow are less than ideal for pouring cement, so there would be no need to have those people on site today.

I saw an ad in this morning's metro for this building. They were selling units with $10 000 off (or reimbursed) and a free locker.

Having troubles unloading units, perhaps?

I saw an ad in this morning's metro for this building. They were selling units with $10 000 off (or reimbursed) and a free locker.

that promotion has been going on for a while... but they're around 90% sold out (or at least that's what I was told).

That is the case with many projects right now - they've put the next phase of the development across the street on hold.

^ I think a couple of towers were supposed to go up on the southwest corner of Jarvis & Charles displacing Pizza Pizza HQ and a couple of old mansions. Until now, I didn't know they were connected.

^ I think a couple of towers were supposed to go up on the southwest corner of Jarvis & Charles displacing Pizza Pizza HQ and a couple of old mansions. Until now, I didn't know they were connected.

Oh, I didn't know that development was related to X either ... hmmm.

Back