Toronto U Condominiums | 183.79m | 56s | Pemberton | a—A

Many of the handsome point towers going up all over the city are perfectly in keeping with the principles of utopian Modernism and Toronto's strong post-WW2 Modernist vernacular. The squash-and-spread reaction to it ( the Dundas Sherbourne and Hydro Block Diamond/Myers infill housing approach, for instance ) also finds favour in this development with the perimeter townhomes.

Floor Plans?

I think someone may have posted this earlier, but does anyone have a link to the floor plans? I've heard they're not great and wanted to check them out.

Thanks!

Look under the real estate thread for U Condos

Yes, they have released the East tower in pre-sales. They are being very snooty about it, "taking names" registered by brokers via an Information Sheet and calling prospective buyers in to "offer" them a unit for sale after the "Information Sheet" has been processed! Prices start at 330K for about 540 sq ft, without parking! A 650 Sq ft unit, plus parking and locker is working out to about 450k. Let's see how long it takes to sell this building....the world is in a financial bind at the moment, even local mortgage markets have tightened. I think this project will not be off the ground for some time.

WHO would be stupid enough to pay $330,000 for 540 square feet without parking in this economic environment, or ANY economic environment? And, that is the starting price! Just plain bad timing. I am sure a few months ago they may have sold. Really! Greed, just plain greed. Oh, and marketing.

WHO would be stupid enough to pay $330,000 for 540 square feet without parking in this economic environment, or ANY economic environment? And, that is the starting price! Just plain bad timing. I am sure a few months ago they may have sold. Really! Greed, just plain greed. Oh, and marketing.

Lots of foreign investors buying them up. Toronto is still a bargain compared to similar size cities around the world.

darn! i was extremely interested until now...high negative cashflow

i love the location....completion date would be perfect (assuming 2012 for Phase I and 2015 for Phase II :) ). What's the payment structure like for the Phase II?

When will the Phase II be released to the public? i had an VIP agent that got me in early for Phase I (~Sept) problem is i don't want to be pressured to buy, or 'bidding' with other buyers.

I want to wait and shop slowly when it's available for the public. If the unit i want is gone, then i'll just wait for other opportunities.

I'm looking for condos with completion date around 2015 in the downtown core.

If anyone know of any please do not hesitate to PM me.

Thanks in advance!

Love this site. It's become an addiction!

It's great that you've developed your own UT addiction as many of us have but please, keep real-estate discussion in the proper sub-forum and discussions about the buildings themselves here.

darn! I was extremely interested until now...high negative cashflow

i love the location....completion date would be perfect (assuming 2012 for phase i and 2015 for phase ii :) ). What's the payment structure like for the phase ii?

When will the phase ii be released to the public? I had an vip agent that got me in early for phase i (~sept) problem is i don't want to be pressured to buy, or 'bidding' with other buyers.

I want to wait and shop slowly when it's available for the public. If the unit i want is gone, then i'll just wait for other opportunities.

I'm looking for condos with completion date around 2015 in the downtown core.

If anyone know of any please do not hesitate to pm me.

Thanks in advance!

Love this site. It's become an addiction!

Trust me. There will be plenty of condos with completion dates of 2015. Many, many delayed projects.

If you want to buy an investment property in the neighbourhood, you want to buy something on the low end, not the high end! The primary end-user of rental condos around here are students and young professionals, not anybody that can afford the $2000+ that you would need to charge to break even on a $330,000 one bedroom...

November 7 2008 update

here's the U condos site ~ :)

DSC00231.jpg
DSC00232.jpg

At least two things I like about this developer. They publish the asking price for any unsold unit on web, and they update the construction in progress on line as well on a monthly basis.

Some developer, once you submit the deposits, will not voluntarily tell you anything about the project status.

Back