News   Apr 19, 2024
 358     2 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 681     3 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 741     1 

Bliss Condos At Liberty Village (CanAlfa Group) - Real Estate -

so another letter came in... due by oct 29th at 5pm.... which is two days away. It is apparently a precautionary letter. they expect financing any day now, so it is limiting how much work they can do on the site. the funds are there - they just need to be released.

nothing we haven't heard before, but they are trying to satisfy the last term of the financing this week. that being said, they are also taking calls from anyone with questions and trying to get an idea as to whether people will be backing out or not. if there were to end up being a lot of people who back out, it would jeopardize the satisfaction of the last term of the financing.

so we shall see.... this letter we received is more of a precautionary letter, so it might not be needed after all. we'll see what happens by next Monday :rolleyes:

If I'm reading this correctly, the letter says you can back out, but if you do, you're ruining the project for everyone who doesn't? Gee, no pressure, eh?

Anyone would be dumb to back out now, the extension is for 1 month and most likley will become null before the end of the week. The construction team has been hired, they are already on the site and have been working for the past week or so.

n889960415_4554654_9850.jpg

Not my picture, thought I would include it.

Matt

Got an update from CanAlfa on Thursday, financing is done and was released from Escrow. The extention letter is now void and construction is starting immediatly!

For Immediate Release

Re: Towers at Liberty Village Inc.
Liberty Village, Building 1, The Upper West Side Proposed Condominium, Toronto
Liberty Village, Building 2, Bliss Proposed Condominium, Toronto

Further to our letter to you by registered mail dated October 23, 2008 wherein we requested an extension of the Economic Viability Date, we are now pleased to advise you that we have satisfied our Economic Viability requirements and no longer require the extensions requested.

The projects are proceeding.

You will be receiving a letter by registered mail which will serve as formal notice to you that we have waived the EV Condition, and your Agreement is now firm and binding.

We also take this time to thank you for your patience and co-operation throughout this process.

We will be proceeding expeditiously to construction completion and will keep you advised as construction progresses.

Yours very truly,
TOWERS AT LIBERTY VILLAGE INC.

Congrats to all who bought here! More than that, it's good for everyone in Liberty Village that these towers are finally going ahead.

yes congrats to everyone. it will be great to see this go up. i live away from the site, so seeing all the posts/updates/photos from people who live nearby is great. Since I take the GO Train everyday, and my train goes by Liberty Village, it will be fun to see the progress of the two towers.

thanks for the info MattR .... its great to hear CanAlfa 'finally' gets going here and the LVT+Bliss cancellation rumour is over ...

congrads to you for sticking through it and now you can look forward to a new condo soon ~ :D

Congrats to all who bought here! More than that, it's good for everyone in Liberty Village that these towers are finally going ahead.

Why is it good for me?

They'll block my view of the Gardiner and that is probably it.

:p

It's good for you because it helps to create a community with street life and more commercial services. If you bought on a low floor and your view is being compromised, that's regrettable to a degree, but you will find that the livability of your nascent neighbourhood increases quite a bit with the influx of new neighbours. Do you really want an empty pit across the street from you?

Last edited:
It's good for you because it helps to create a community with street life and more commercial services. If you bought on a low floor and your view is being compromised, that's regrettable to a degree, but you will find that the livability of your nascent neighbourhood increases quite a bit with the influx of new neighbours. Do you really want an empty pit across the street from you?

I have lived in this community since the very beginning and have enjoyed the transformation so far. I was really happy when the LCBO finally arrived! :D

I live in the townhomes, and I want my view of the Gardiner blocked. Hopefully, these developments will have nice lanscaping and that there will be plenty of it. It will be kinda weird having towers and more townhomes across from me and I will get to enjoy and not enjoy watching them go up.

Lake Liberty wasnt that nice anyways, and we already have Lake Ontario. LOL

The Dominion (Metro) whatever is sure going to get busier though, along with the already quite busy King streetcar stop at Strachan.

Last edited:
What you guys are really going to need are new transit options: the King streetcar is already overburdened. Check out the DRL (Downtown Relief Line) thread, and other threads in the Transportation subforum.

What you guys are really going to need are new transit options: the King streetcar is already overburdened. Check out the DRL (Downtown Relief Line) thread, and other threads in the Transportation subforum.

Believe me. I have already checked out those threads quite a bit.

The King streetcar is obviously only going to get worse with alot more people moving into Liberty Village alone along with all the other developments along King street.

I was thinking of saving for a scooter etc. Some of them can pay themselves off in about a year (if you compare the cost of using the TTC). :D

What you guys are really going to need are new transit options: the King streetcar is already overburdened.

I received an email from the Liberty Village BIA to announce that the Ossington bus will be routed through Liberty Village starting late Nov...

TTC Ossington bus extends into Liberty Village beginning November 23…

the 63 Ossington bus will extend from the Ossington Subway Station (on the Bloor line) to Liberty Village. Buses will operate south on Strachan Ave, west on East Liberty St, north on Atlantic Ave and east on King St W to Shaw St, from 6:00 am to 1:00 am, seven days a week. The overnight 316 Ossington Blue Night Service will run north on Strachan Ave and turn west on King Street West, replacing the current route along Douro St.* Liberty Village bus stops will be on Strachan Ave at East Liberty St.; on East Liberty St at Pirandello St,, and at Lynn Williams St., and at Atlantic Avenue; and on Atlantic Ave at King St. W.* All details are available from Joe Pantalone, Deputy Mayor, Ward 18 Trinity Spadina​

I haven't been on this forum for a while and I'm excited about these new developments... it's about time... can't say I'm not surprised it didn't fall through with recent financing problems, the economy and the numerous delays and extension requests.

Took me a while to figure out that triple negative there CGM!! :p

That route change is awesome in so many ways - no more bus sounds 24/7 outside my present condo AND a stop directly outside Liberty Towers. ka-ching!!! Great news for all in Liberty (although I suppose it also means a no-go for the mythical Pirandello/Shaw underpass). At least they're rebuilding Strachan for the new Pearson Airport Line/GO train and it'll be much more pedestrian friendly by this time next year.

Since people seemed to want some more updated photos, i did the best I could by climbing the fence today. I didn't see a crane (4pm), but did see that they'd filled in some holes with concrete and rebar, had dug a deep (about 12 feet) L-shaped hole on the western side of the site, and had moved a massive pile of dirt out of the way on the eastern end and were busy digging a hole there as well. I'm assuming it's for two cranes because a project this size would surely need that many, if not 3, although I'm no construction expert.

Go CanAlfa go!

Attachments

• 1106081611-00.jpg
    1106081611-00.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 225
  • 1106081611-01.jpg
    1106081611-01.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 206

Back