News   Mar 28, 2024
 332     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 690     0 

Soccer pubs?

malvern2

Member Bio
Reaction score
Hey guys, i am a huge fan of the english premiership and a huge Arsenal supporter, usually i just watch my matches and other english premiership matches in general at home on satellite t.v. but i was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for cool places to watch a game and have a beer with fellow fans to enjoy some atmosphere. All my friends are big hockey or basketball guys and i feel like the only soccer supporter in this city sometimes!

i feel like the only soccer supporter in this city sometimes!

There are hundreds of thousands footy fans in this city.

The best football pubs in Toronto are the Duke of Gloucester on Yonge, and Scallywags on St. Clair and Yonge.

During major matchdays (EPL, Champions League) they're usually packed to the rafters. Also worthwhile attending, after a TFC match are Shoeless Joe's, and the Dufferin Gate both in the King and Dufferin area.

Arsenal are in the same group with my fav's Dynamo Kyiv in the CL. They were lucky in Kyiv.

Rhino on Queen West also has a strong TFC presence before and after a game - not so sure about EPL though.

I will go for an EPL beer with you if you want, even though my team is in the Championship this season ;)

Just make sure you go to the right pub. Scallywags is the Liverpool hangout when matches are on. I wouldn't want to be wearing a Gunners jersey in there during games.

Not sure where Arsenal supporters meet, so I'm not much help. Some of the pubs mentioned above are catch-alls I'm pretty sure.

Main Event @ yonge and eglinton is a Man U pub.a new place opened up called The Football Factory @ 164 Bathurst. Bathurst/Richmond area,they open up early saturday morning for footy and breakfest.the Dizzy on Roncasvalles shows matches sat morn with breakfest too.

Duke

If you can get there, the Duke of Gloucester is, IMHO, the best English football pub in town. Especially for England matches. It also leans heavily Liverpool, though, as well.

Not sure why, but a disproportionate amount of EPL fans in Toronto support Reds. Pains me to no end being a supporter of Everton, the people's club. :D

Couldn't tell you were an Everton fan Toffee ;)

While I'm a Marseille fan, I've yet to find a team in England that I can relate to, despite paying a lot of attention to the league for the last ten years. I enjoy watching Liverpool, but I find I don't root for them. I saw Spurs play Bolton at White Hart Lane last April and both teams are really intriguing, and I fully expected to be a spurs fan after that one, but nothing stuck. I guess I just like watching anyone play since the sport is so difficult to come by here.

Hey, does anyone know of any Juventus pubs or places who show Serie A games other than north of the city? Thanks.

Man, you need new friends! Just joshin'. I second pickleberry's offer of coming out for a pint and some footy.

I also second the mention of The Football Factory. Bathurst at Richmond. It's really the only place I've been to to watch football other than a friend's place.

Duke

If you can get there, the Duke of Gloucester is, IMHO, the best English football pub in town. Especially for England matches. It also leans heavily Liverpool, though, as well.

Not sure why, but a disproportionate amount of EPL fans in Toronto support Reds. Pains me to no end being a supporter of Everton, the people's club. :D
Hi, I hear you. I’m a regular at Scallys and a long time Everton supporter. Most of the reds are local bandwagon supporters - that’s what success does. There is a contingent of true blues mostly from England who follow the Blues religiously. Come out and watch an Everton game with us sometime. Cheers, Michael

Back