Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

...I would of told him to look it up by an image search or go to the respective UT thread and then walk away. As there's nothing else you needed to prove as you where doing nothing illegal here.
[/URL]

He doesn't even need to tell him that. Taking photos of a building from any public space for any reason is not illegal, despite what the worker of officer might say.

He doesn't even need to tell him that. Taking photos of a building from any public space for any reason is not illegal, despite what the worker of officer might say.
Exactly.
Here are the laws if anyone's interested. https://ambientlight.ca/laws/overview/what-can-i-photograph/
Anyone can take photos legally "On public property, like side walks. This includes taking photos of anything that a normal person could see from public property."

Exactly.
Here are the laws if anyone's interested. https://ambientlight.ca/laws/overview/what-can-i-photograph/
Anyone can take photos legally "On public property, like side walks. This includes taking photos of anything that a normal person could see from public property."
Thanks.

All of the photos I have taken are visible from public property and I am not trespassing given that I am on public property at all times when taking the photos.

I get that. But if Mr. Au is inclined to go beyond the "none of you're bees wax" discourse in future...

It will cast a shadow of Jesse Ketchum Park.
this is the park they are worried about shadows???
Shouldn't we cut down all the trees then if we don't want any shadows

Screenshot 2023-03-26 044511.png

View attachment 464129

Listen, you have no idea how much I agree with you, but that's all I'm going to say otherwise I've gone done stir up the hornets nest here.

Last edited:
Trees where never considered in that shadow objection here because it's bit too reductionist for one. And it's obvious The City is talking about person made shadows as opposed to natural ones created by trees or mountains or very large animals as another. And whatever @Northern Light -san can come up with that I've forgot to...er, cover here (no pun intended)...

...so let's no dwell on overly simplistic reasoning here, rather on the position of whether shadow of this building will have any negligible effects on this park at any given time of daylight hours over a given year. Because that's the one that will either be a win or loss for Mizrahi.

Keep in mind though, either win or lose...the building will still be at 300 metre plus at the end of the day.

View attachment 464129

I believe the city has the requirement because of the field. The actual park area is definitely mostly tree covered. The shadow you see on the park in the pic below is from the Four Seasons.

Screenshot_20230326-102642.png

Trees where never considered in that shadow objection here because it's bit too reductionist for one. And it's obvious The City is talking about person made shadows as opposed to natural ones created by trees or mountains or very large animals as another. And whatever @Northern Light -san can come up with that I've forgot to...er, cover here (no pun intended)...

...so let's no dwell on overly simplistic reasoning here, rather on the position of whether shadow of this building will have any negligible effects on this park at any given time of daylight hours over a given year. Because that's the one that will either be a win or loss for Mizrahi.

Keep in mind though, either win or lose...the building will still be at 300 metre plus at the end of the day.
If there are animals in that park large enough to make significant shadows you can count me out hahaha

Time to take a break from project-specific news, in favour of a post that simply celebrates this project in its future context.

Over in the Renderings thread in photo section @3Dementia has a produced a series of excellent, detailed renders.

One them is specific to the Bloor-Yorkville area, and I will bring that forward here:

1679848857143.png

You can pick out all the landmarks, 'The One' is towards the left side of the image, with 'The Selby' really popping mid-right.

I don't think the pretty tower at the far left will end up being built, at least like that; but otherwise this is a pretty fair guess as to how this area will look in about 5-6 years.

To see the renders for the large skyline for some different hoods in between, go to this post:

Last edited:
Thanks a bunch @Northern Light

I knew I needed a more reputable agent to aid my desperate pursuit of 'likes' 😇

FYI to forum folks, that's a low res screenshot and large high res render links are in the thread. BTW I think "The Selby really popping" you may be referring to is actually the re-designed 510 Yonge in orange/red (The Selby is hiding ;-).

Attachments

• Bloor-Yorkville.jpg
    Bloor-Yorkville.jpg
    216.1 KB · Views: 34
  • 2023-Yorkville-crop.jpg
    2023-Yorkville-crop.jpg
    528.9 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:

Back