News   May 06, 2024
 249     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   May 03, 2024
 711     0 

The Tenor (10 Dundas St E, Ent Prop Trust, 10s, Baldwin & Franklin)

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
Those were fictional advertisers. Also, there was no approval for such signs. Maybe if they apply in the future, the city might grant them approval but first they need to get advertisers to want to build those kind of permanent signs up there.

Just a quick story before I head to TLS for a movie...

Today at work this family (tourists) asked me where the Jack Astors was. I said in Toronto Life Square, across the street and they asked me what building that was. Its not the first time people have asked that. I ended up just saying the building with AMC and the husband said he had seen it as they walked by earlier.

Toronto Life should hurry up with their signage. I think they may have already lost out to putting their name on the building. Even just a temporary banner like Jack Astors had on their balcony would do. Anything to give people something to reference it from outside. As it stands, AMC is the only thing that stands out. Lets just call the thing AMC since thats what everyone knows it as now.

Just a quick story before I head to TLS for a movie...

So much for that... 40 minutes in, the alarm goes off and we are told to evacuate the building. Jack Astors customers got their dinners free, Milestones customers also got theirs free and AMC customers got free movie passes for another date.

PS. When the hell did movie prices go up to $12 for students?

^ Excellent strategy to get off paying a bill at Jack Astors or Milestones. Eat a feast, big and large and then excuse yourself to "go to the men's room", trip the fire alarm and walk away without paying. :D

^ Excellent strategy to get off paying a bill at Jack Astors or Milestones. Eat a feast, big and large and then excuse yourself to "go to the men's room", trip the fire alarm and walk away without paying. :D

I thought the same thing, and was wishing i had gone to Jack Astors instead of AMC. Im surprised TLS doesn't use a staged alarm like the Eaton Centre. You shouldn't have to evacuate unless there is reason to. I cant even imagine how much money was lost.

PS. Johnny rockets was open tonight

Had dinner at Milestones last night. Very cool terrace overlooking Yonge St. Both Jack Astor's and Milestones were hopping with long waiting lists for the patios for both. For dessert, we went to the gelato place in the basement. I was impressed that many eateries were still open past 10PM.

The view of Dundas Square from the corner of the Milestones terrace is quite nice. It was 11PM and the area was still packed with people. Despite some design deficiencies, the Dundas Square project has really turned into a massive success... a great new asset for the city.

Those were fictional advertisers. Also, there was no approval for such signs. Maybe if they apply in the future, the city might grant them approval but first they need to get advertisers to want to build those kind of permanent signs up there.

I was wondering about that MetroMan. I didn't realize they could get as literal as that with fictional advertisers, and so I just assumed that those advertisers were coming.

I'm never going to the AMC on TLS again.. It's pricier, I won't get SCENE points on it and it has NOTHING on the Paramount or the Cineplex near my place at Queensway.

What a waste of space...

Im surprised TLS doesn't use a staged alarm like the Eaton Centre. You shouldn't have to evacuate unless there is reason to. I cant even imagine how much money was lost.

Given the amount of attention to detail that was put into that building... where you really surprised... or your just saying?

I'm never going to the AMC on TLS again.. It's pricier, I won't get SCENE points on it and it has NOTHING on the Paramount

I have the same feelings on AMC @ TLS, very suprised that they don't have what you would think are mainstream movies like Batman: The Dark Knight ... and yes kinda pricey too

I was also very disappointed by the interiors too ... very basic industrial looking material in grey :(

Has anyone else called Toronto Life to find out why the 'signage' has not been installed at the Square yet?

I called their offices in April. Building personnel said they were waiting for executive approvals. They were hoping for installation by the end of the summer.

What happened?

rediculous.

Re: mainstream movies. I think the various chains pay for exculsivity contracts or something. While The Dark Knight is not playing at Yonge-Dundas, I saw Wall-E there and it was the only theatre downtown where that movie is playing.

I'm never going to the AMC on TLS again.. It's pricier, I won't get SCENE points on it and it has NOTHING on the Paramount or the Cineplex near my place at Queensway.

What a waste of space...

AMC isnt owned by cineplex... why would you expect SCENE points from them? That would be like taking your Shoppers Optimum card to Rexall and asking for points.

When the hell did movie prices go up though? The last time I was at AMC TLS it was $10 for students. Last night I paid $12.

AMC isnt owned by cineplex... why would you expect SCENE points from them? That would be like taking your Shoppers Optimum card to Rexall and asking for points.

When the hell did movie prices go up though? The last time I was at AMC TLS it was $10 for students. Last night I paid $12.

Obviously I know that AMC isn't owned by Cineplex, I meant in the scheme of things, if it's pricier, shittier and I don't get points, what advantage can it possibly have over Paramount?

This elephant is bound to fail, so is most of that ill-thought of cheap excuse at suburban entertainement.

Back