Toronto Mirvish Village (Honest Ed's Redevelopment) | 85.04m | 26s | Westbank | Henriquez Partners

4A711175-B67F-4EF3-A260-DCA09C288F44.jpeg

they need to keep the red highlights on the balconies when they are finished! the red seems to tie the whole project together with the heritage brick buildings!

Such an improvement. I bought a fair amount of stuff at Honest Ed's over the years, when you only cared about price and not quality, but there are plenty of places you can do that, and they shouldn't occupying a huge block at a prominent corner, half a block from a subway station.
It is an improvement but your scratch test for whether something has value would render most things in prominent locations an inefficient use of space. Things have value beyond the utilitarian. If they didn't, we'd tear every such building down and re-locate them inside a modern high-rise.

It is an improvement but your scratch test for whether something has value would render most things in prominent locations an inefficient use of space. Things have value beyond the utilitarian. If they didn't, we'd tear every such building down and re-locate them inside a modern high-rise.
That's true if you extend the principle to everything, but if you're talking about low-hanging fruit, Honest Ed's was it.

Has anyone heard from them about potential rentals? I put my name on the list quite a while ago.

@ADRM was out teasing us all earlier in the week with his interlocking brick reveal.............so it drew me out to have a closer look.

Photos taken January 15th, 2023:

The first pair are from Lennox, north side of Central Tech, looking west:

DSC00662.JPG

DSC00664.JPG

Now up close: (all along the south elevation)

DSC00666.JPG

DSC00667.JPG

DSC00668.JPG

DSC00669.JPG

DSC00670.JPG

DSC00671.JPG

DSC00672.JPG

DSC00673.JPG

That interlock noted by ADRM extends along pretty much the entire southern flank of the site:

DSC00674.JPG

It goes a bit further too....(looking up Bathurst:

DSC00677.JPG

DSC00678.JPG

One more post, as I always run out of space on this site!

If that lime green insulation (?) was the final cladding this would have been so cool! It looks really good to me.

I agree we need more colour in the city but a random section of green on a project with white/black/grey would look out of place in my opinion.

Applications for affordable housing units here open up today.

New Affordable Rental Homes at 500 Bloor Street West​

In Spring 2023, 85 new affordable rental homes are opening at 500 Bloor Street West (Mirvish Village).

Westbank has released an Expression of Interest (EOI) for 37 new affordable rental homes. These studio, one-, two- and three-bedroom homes are located in a new master-planned community (Mirvish Village) with rents set at $1,004, $1,185, $1,396 and $1,608 per month.

An additional 48 homes will be filled through community not-for-profit housing partners.

For more information about the EOI and the selection process, please visit the Mirvish Village website. Opens in new window

The deadline for responses is March 6, 2023 at 5 p.m. EST.

LINK - https://mirvish-village.com/affordable-rental-portal

Last edited:

Back