Toronto The Well | 174.03m | 46s | RioCan | Hariri Pontarini

I know I'm nitpicking but those utility poles along Wellington St. sure stick out like a sore thumb amongst that new hardscaping. Are there any plans to bury those lines?
You're definitely not nitpicking. They look god awful, and it beggars belief they haven't been buried as part of the project.

You're definitely not nitpicking. They look god awful, and it beggars belief they haven't been buried as part of the project.
I am still hoping (with less and less hope!) that they will be going. They seem to be serving TWO purposes; 'distribution wiring' bringing power to buildings and power for the streetlights. TH are certainly working to put all, or most, distribution wires underground for resilience reasons and presumably The Well gets its power from underground and the short (new) "Victorian' lights have underground wire that OUGHT to be able to also power the older tall streetlights. Keep nagging Councillor Mallik Councillor_Malik@toronto.ca

Taken Friday
UTIMG_1793.jpg
UTIMG_1810.jpg

I'm really disappointed with the redesign of Wellington Street a missed opportunity. I've travelled around Europe, South Pacific and am now on a four month tour of Bogota, Quito, Lima and Santiago. These 4 cities have taken their planning notes from the best of European cities. Wellington could have had a broad central treed medium that would have connected the small but significant Clarence Square and Victoria memorial Square in a linear fashion. Like in Tel Aviv with numerous treed camopy boulevards, the central park could accomodate bike lanes and cafes too. Reduce car lanes to 1 in each direction or better yet eliminate them altogether and find a way to access the few businesses left on the south side of Wellington. At Spadina make a real pedestrian / bike friendly crossing rather than the mean spirited one there now. Little moves like this by the city done in qauntity will improve daily life in the core immensly, And what's happening to rail deck park?

Back