Toronto GO Transit: Davenport Diamond Grade Separation | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

I'm not as convinced that the GO OCS will be as light-weight as found in much of Europe. The ice-storms that hit parts of Metrolinx's service area (looking at you Barrie) can be fairly significant compared to what western europe gets, which can be made worse by an immediate deep freeze which prevents the ice from melting for several days while strong winds pummel the structure.

I expect they'll reference power line standards in Ontario and Quebec for extreme weather loads while engineering the OCS. Those weather loads were learned the hard way, and in the last few decades.
Is there anything about Exo's 25kV implementation that would make GO want to do it differently? They seem the obvious folks to talk to.

Reactions: rbt
Is there anything about Exo's 25kV implementation that would make GO want to do it differently? They seem the obvious folks to talk to.

The height is too low for a double-deck train and GO lines also have a bit of double-stack container traffic. Larger clearances will require stronger supports.

I agree with you that DB will likely consult with Exo, but they won't be able to get a parts list from Exo.

The height is too low for a double-deck train and GO lines also have a bit of double-stack container traffic. Larger clearances will require stronger supports.

I agree with you that DB will likely consult with Exo, but they won't be able to get a parts list from Exo.
Sure they can.

All it takes is a few emails and phone calls to various supplies to see if they are suppling things for Exo OS and what are they. Supplier are in the business of selling things and it makes no difference to them who they sale it to.

The only place where it will make a different if X is patent by Exo or design by them.

From today's Metrolinx Toronto West enewsletter.

1673042772478.png

The Mascouche line with it's double deck carriages ran under it . . .

Reactions: rbt
Almost time for the graffiti. (Please don't.)
Let me the first of many to markup those nice blank canvas.

Those caught doing the graffiti need to pay the cost of removing it as well taking part in the removal along with their faces and names posted near by. Then to spend 1,000 community hours cleaning up other graffiti and the neighborhood. At the end of the day, ppl will still do it.

This a place where the art community's needs to have a hand with the canvases with approved artworks like the underpasses.

Let me the first of many to markup those nice blank canvas.

Those caught doing the graffiti need to pay the cost of removing it as well taking part in the removal along with their faces and names posted near by. Then to spend 1,000 community hours cleaning up other graffiti and the neighborhood. At the end of the day, ppl will still do it.

This a place where the art community's needs to have a hand with the canvases with approved artworks like the underpasses.
Not too far from here Metrolinx let a couple dozen artists paint their works on a noise wall and it looks amazing, I don’t see why they wouldn’t do the same for the Davenport guideway.
E7BC8855-9932-4279-ABD6-7DA688979C51.jpeg
08A21720-D91E-4078-A005-75E2616DB98B.jpeg

Not too far from here Metrolinx let a couple dozen artists paint their works on a noise wall and it looks amazing, I don’t see why they wouldn’t do the same for the Davenport guideway.View attachment 450617View attachment 450618
I believe most of that mural has been defaced by other graffiti 'artists' now.

What they need are these around the pillars and other concrete structures

1673801607601.png

I have to say, since they have added the sound walls so extensively, the airiness of the guideway has diminished.

I recall someone at one of the early town halls expressing fear of a "classic MTO highways overpass look" - the design isn't awful, but it has more massing than I had hoped. the taper on the underside of the guideway is a big help.

What happened to the plan to add cladding?

- Paul

Back