News   Apr 19, 2024
 3.1K     1 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 1K     3 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 1.7K     3 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

Eglinton Crosstown will open in 2023 but it's only my 'best guess,' Toronto mayor says​

How about telling all of us, which parts of Line 5 are actually completed? Which parts of Line 5 can be used, but with separated construction zones and barriers? Which parts of Line 5 can not be used safely, and when will those parts can be used safely (with barriers)?

Just passed the Forest Hill station site. All traffic lanes appear to be open on Eglinton, but not on Bathurst. I would surmise because of the holiday season and tomorrow's weather that it's like this for the time being.

The temporary bus stops up the hill from Bathurst remain.

I drive through mt pleasant and eglinton every day and I was pleased to see all construction barriers removed. It feels like a totally normal intersection, all lanes open. That at least made me feel like progress was being made.

I drive through mt pleasant and eglinton every day and I was pleased to see all construction barriers removed. It feels like a totally normal intersection, all lanes open. That at least made me feel like progress was being made.
I drove Eglinton Leslie to Bayview recently and was also pleasantly surprised that it's mostly cleaned up. The roads are mostly back to normal and even the stations are mostly done from the outside. The general appearance (Eglinton Connect aside) looks pretty much done in that section.

They cleaned up everything at Mount Pleasant and Eglinton so it is back to being a wide and unsafe road when the promise of this whole thing was Eglinton Connects in concert with the Eglinton LRT would add bike lanes, reduce lanes between Mount Pleasant and Avenue Road, and put in trees and street parking. Instead the laws of induced demand are already increasing volume and speed on the street.

I'm going to be getting out there in the new year, weather pending, and I hope to be tracking closely how this project comes to fruition. It would be nice to figure out how to get some insider news on what's going on below ground. Maybe some clues will appear at hub locations underground as they move hoardings around or if a doorway is temporarily open etc, keep your eyes peeled if you use those other services regularly.

Last edited:
View attachment 445510
Looks like they are doing incliment weather testing. I saw about 5 trains go by in the span of 20 minutes
Proof that the company building it seems to be trying to finish. I heard that MetroLinx asked them to not run for fear of damaging the trains, but the company said if it was in public service it would need to run. Says a lot in my opinion, especially as the TTC shut down that evening, but these seemed to run all night with no issues.

Getting closer...
screenshot_2022-12-30_125856.png

Pavement Marking Works – On Eglinton Avenue West between Allen Road North and Glenarden Road - Monday, January 2, 2023

From link.

As early as Monday, January 2, 2023, crews will be removing and repainting the pavement markings on Eglinton Avenue West between Allen Road North and Glenarden Road. To facilitate this work, occasional lane reductions will be in place on Eglinton Avenue West between Allen Road North and Glenarden Road. One lane of traffic in each direction will be maintained at all times. This work will take place between 6:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. for approximately one (1) week. Upon completion of the works, the lanes will reopen.
What to Expect
Crews will be moving along Eglinton Avenue West between Allen Road North and Glenarden Road to remove and repaint pavement markings. Occasional lane reductions will be required, expect delays while travelling through the area. One lane of traffic in each direction will be maintained at all times. Upon completion of the works, the lanes will reopen.

HOURS OF WORK
  • As early as Monday, January 2, 2023, for approximal one (1) week.
  • Work is expected to take place between 6:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
  • Work may be delayed or rescheduled due to inclement weather and/or unforeseen circumstances.
  • Work may be longer or shorter than expected.

TRAFFIC DETAILS
  • Occasional lane reductions will be in place on Eglinton Avenue West between Allen Road North and Glenarden Road.
  • One lane of traffic in each direction will be maintained on Eglinton Avenue West.
  • Access to all properties will be maintained.

Last edited:
Getting closer to completion at Cedarvale Station.

screenshot_2023-01-05_091121_3.png

From link.
http://thecrosstown.ca/news-media/w...ange-at-cedarvale-station-early-february-2023

Traffic Configuration Change at Cedarvale Station - Early-February 2023

As early as early-February 2023, a new traffic configuration will be implemented at Eglinton Avenue West and Allen Roads North and South. A second dedicated eastbound left turn lane from Eglinton Avenue West onto Allen Road North will be implemented. The second dedicated westbound right turn lane from Eglinton Avenue West onto Allen Road North will reopen. This traffic configuration is expected to remain in place through early Spring 2023.

What to Expect

Implementation of a second dedicated eastbound left turn lane from Eglinton Avenue West onto Allen Road North. Reinstatement of the second dedicated westbound right turn from Eglinton Avenue West onto Allen Road North. Concrete barriers, fencing, and signage will be in place to delineate the work zones. Noise from construction activities can be expected. Expect delays while traveling through the area. Once the new traffic configurations are in place, intermittent short-term lane closures may be required to facilitate specialized activities.

HOURS OF WORK
  • As early as early-February 2023, and ongoing through early Spring 2023.
  • Work may be rescheduled due to inclement weather and/or unforeseen circumstances.
  • This work may be longer or shorter than expected.

TRAFFIC DETAILS
  • A second dedicated eastbound left turn lane from Eglinton Avenue West onto Allen Road North will be implemented.
  • The second dedicated westbound right turn lane from Eglinton Avenue West onto Allen Road North will be reinstated.
  • Access to Park Hill Road and Everden Road will remain restricted.
  • The left turn from Winnett Avenue onto Eglinton Avenue West will be reinstated.
  • The left turn from Eglinton Avenue West onto Winnett Avenue will be restricted between 7:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m.
  • The right turn from Eglinton Avenue West onto Strathearn Road will be restricted between 7:00 a.m. and 10:00 a.m. and between 3:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m.
  • The westbound right turn onto Allen Road North will be restricted during red lights.
  • The left turn from Flanders Road onto Eglinton Avenue West will remain restricted.

Back