Toronto Eaton Centre (Ongoing Renewal) | ?m | ?s | Cadillac Fairview | Zeidler

So it lands on the floors, making them super slippery, and suddenly the crowds are all on their backs like in a lame 90s comedy with Shelley Long in it?

Though this being Canada...just step outside at the right time and you'd get the same.

I sure hope it isn't more microplastic.

AoD

That's a good question, it didn't seem like "soap" that would be slippery. But this is sort of what meant by a lot of online hate—it doesn't really snow consistently in Toronto, definitely not micro plastics, and there was security and police making sure egress around the area is always clear.

1670354028219.png

Pacific Place mall in Seattle has/had indoor snow as a nigtly seasonal event.

It was produced by MagicSnow - a movie effects company.
Machine rental is $350.00

Man, considering what a vibrant, verdant, dynamic, place this used to be, what an depressing downgrade this stupid 'modernization' project has been.

The downgrade of TEC has been a long-term project going back decades.

A couple of changes weren't terrible (turning the Eaton's sub-basement into the Urban Eatery et al.) and the small expansion that saw Indigo added is fine too.

Almost everything else has been detrimental.

Last edited:
It's one of those places they kept adding more and more junk to "improve" it, only turning it more into a dog designed by a committee...

...but I agree, the magic that once was there has been slowly sucked away in the process. And couldn't they have kept some resemblance of what the old glass looked liked even if they had to draw lines on new ones? /sigh

It's one of those places they kept adding more and more junk to "improve" it, only turning it more into a dog designed by a committee...

...but I agree, the magic that once was there has been slowly sucked away in the process. And couldn't they have kept some resemblance of what the old glass looked liked even if they had to draw lines on new ones? /sigh

This is CF's MO.

Look at what they did with Sherway Gardens for example.

This is CF's MO.

Haha, I miss the old food court with the little birds flying around. The new food court there is pretty nice though. but where are all the Xmas light and decos at The Eaton Centre?

Edit : Oh silly me, just noticed that photo from "Today" was Oct. lol.

Man, considering what a vibrant, verdant, dynamic, place this used to be, what an depressing downgrade this stupid 'modernization' project has been.

This is CF's MO.

The missing greenery should come back to both malls, and here especially where the new skylight is making the place feel more outdoorsy.

I get this this will be an unpopular opinion with some, (and I agree that the other changes at the Eaton Centre have mostly been to its detriment) BUT I like the new skylight far more. I never liked the old one, I never understood why the glass could not have been clear way back when, and I'm glad it's gone. It always looked dingy, good riddance.

The missing greenery should come back to both malls, and here especially where the new skylight is making the place feel more outdoorsy.

I get this this will be an unpopular opinion with some, (and I agree that the other changes at the Eaton Centre have mostly been to its detriment) BUT I like the new skylight far more. I never liked the old one, I never understood why the glass could not have been clear way back when, and I'm glad it's gone. It always looked dingy, good riddance.

I get that and fair point. I just think the elder glass structure had more character....as the new glass comes off as a bit sterile and souless, IMO.

A new lobbying registration from C-F on the subject of TEC. The prelude to something? C-F doesn't normally register just to say 'hi':

1670533524651.png

Though, perhaps it is just that, as this, at least initially, appears to be with Chris Moise, who is new to Council.

A new lobbying registration from C-F on the subject of TEC. The prelude to something? C-F doesn't normally register just to say 'hi':

View attachment 443834

Though, perhaps it is just that, as this, at least initially, appears to be with Chris Moise, who is new to Council.
They saw Apple has trees in their stores now and want to upgrade the Eaton Centre with trees?

Back