Toronto Yonge City Square Residences | 117.09m | 32s | Gupta | Arcadis

Screenshot 2022-11-10 at 2.08.11 PM.png
Still no progress in getting this approved through the city.

Definitely not as modern as we used see around they need to do some major design changes
Er...there's a residential building just south-east of this that nearly is identical in style. So I don't think it will stick out like a sore thumb as we think it might.

For many years neither the original owner, the City of Toronto, nor Gupta could figure out what to do with the prime spot. The city considered a few uses but gave up and sold it to Gupta eight years ago. Gupta worked with the city on a mixed-use office concept but that didn’t add up either, the chairman said.

“It’s been dark. Looking at it, I have parked there many times,” said Gupta, recalling numerous conversations he had with local professionals in the affluent Hoggs Hollow neighbourhood.

Finally, the firm struck a deal with the city for residential. Zoning has been obtained and the first shovels will go in the ground later this year with a mid-2027 completion targeted. The official launch was Feb. 22.

The property will feature 30,000 square feet of amenities including a ninth-floor terrace with an outdoor pool, private cabanas, barbecue stations, outdoor prep kitchen, firepit and dining lounge; entertainment lounges with a golf simulator and bar overlooking the golf course; and a fitness centre with a yoga studio, dance studio, private training, infrared sauna and salt treatment room.

In addition, Gupta Group has agreed with the city to completely rebuild the York Mills subway station.

I feel like this is a missed opportunity for something sharp and iconic. The design seems too conservative, too 2003.

Back