Clarington 10 Aspen Springs Drive (Bowmanville) | ?m | 25s | Sunray Group | Mataj

Paclo

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
10 Aspen Springs Drive: a proposed 25, 25 & 9-storey mixed-use condo & commercial development designed by Mataj Architects for Sunray Group on the northwest corner of Bowmanville Avenue and Aspen Springs Drive, proximal to the future Bowmanville GO Station on the Lakeshore East Extension.

Renderings from the architectural package:
Aspen-Springs-Architectural-Plans-EXEMPT-4.jpg
Aspen-Springs-Architectural-Plans-EXEMPT-5.jpg

10 Aspen Springs Drive: a proposed 25, 25 & 9-storey mixed-use condo & commercial development designed by Mataj Architects for Sunray Group on the northwest corner of Bowmanville Avenue and Aspen Springs Drive, proximal to the future Bowmanville GO Station on the Lakeshore East Extension.

Renderings from the architectural package:
View attachment 439564View attachment 439565

One comment, then some pics, then more comment, LOL

I can't resist noting @Paclo with his terrific posting, as usual, updating us all on the goings-on in outer suburbia........really has a word of the day, 'proximal'. I know I have those {words of the day) in some of my posts as well, it's just amusing to see a not oft used word appear in multiple posts in the same day.

Now, let's have a look at the aerial photo of this site, which was represented graphically in an image posted above by @WislaHD : (site outlined in white)

1668634644466.png

Now lets look at it in Streetview: (looking north across the site)

1668634706361.png

Remaining comments, actually about the development.

Height/density seem fine, but architectural expression is poor.

The massing of podium is exceedingly bulk and imposing and will serve as a detriment to animating the street and creating an engaging pedestrian environment/public realm.

The tower massing is less of an issue, but its appearance is just mundane and the sliver of colour doesn't really save it; though it would look even less appealing without it.

Last edited:

Back