News   Mar 28, 2024
 324     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 340     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 698     0 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

???

The Eglinton cars are basically the same thing as the legacy cars. And what historical value do the legacy cars have?

The Eglinton LRT is a new route, it doesn't replace an existing streetcar route. Yes, there were streetcars on Eglinton eons ago, but I mean an immediate replacement.

The new streetcars replaced an existing vehicle on an existing route, there is definitely way more historical value there.

Homages typically aren't done for things that extend beyond the current generations lifetimes.

The new seat inserts look like the same stuff you see on the rest of the fleet. It's probably easier to just maintain an inventory of two types of cloth (red and blue) instead of 4.

The new seat inserts look like the same stuff you see on the rest of the fleet. It's probably easier to just maintain an inventory of two types of cloth (red and blue) instead of 4.
All the seat replacements for all vehicles are made in house at Hillcrest. They only have two types of cloth. The originals were subcontracted by BBD so we shouldn't be surprised by this development.

All the seat replacements for all vehicles are made in house at Hillcrest. They only have two types of cloth. The originals were subcontracted by BBD so we shouldn't be surprised by this development.
So this is the first time they’ve been replaced? I feel like some of the older vehicles definitely had new seats installed prior to this? Also I wonder who will be doing the seat replacement on Eglinton, if they’ll be grey for a few years then red/blue.

So this is the first time they’ve been replaced? I feel like some of the older vehicles definitely had new seats installed prior to this? Also I wonder who will be doing the seat replacement on Eglinton, if they’ll be grey for a few years then red/blue.

There are strict rules from Metrolinx that everything MUST be the blandest grey possible. Grey, grey, grey! No colours! So they won't allow this.

At the open-house, it was clear they had far more than two types of cloth - and having multiple types wasn't an issue with their set-up.

I'd think they've simply chosen not to use a different cloth for the seats. Perhaps there are durability or cost issues.

4460 has finally return from Quebec and is now off loaded at Hillcrest. It was loaded on April 12 (190 Days)

This close the book for the welding issues and car going to/from Quebec

4465 still not ready to reenter service after been return Sept 13 (36 Days)

Last edited:

Back