20221008_114416.jpg
20221008_114425.jpg
20221008_114444.jpg
20221008_114538.jpg
20221008_115111.jpg
20221008_115336.jpg
20221008_115458.jpg
20221008_115512.jpg

Some more photos this morning from the west side of Wallace.

It won't be long before some more colourful paintings show up on there.

You know the first thought that popped into my mind when you said that was seeing a subtle @kotsy tag somewhere.......

Which then made me think, they should license an @kotsy sunset photo and turn into a wrap for the bridge on the east side (looking west); and then a sunrise pic for the west side (looking east).

View attachment 43055

This is from the bridge option back in 2009. I would expect something similar, height-wise, though they're now putting it on pillars instead of a solid berm-like thing.

Also....does not show 5m high sound walls (if those are indeed necessary).

Renderings as viewed from the residential properties and parks would be interesting to see too :)

How it started ↑ [full April 22, 2009 deck here: https://web.archive.org/web/20150401033253/https://www.junctiontriangle.ca/DavenportDiamond]

How it's going ↓
View attachment 431478
Wallace Ave. as seen from the East side this morning.

Assuming the Metrolinx FAQ is up to date, it will be 4.4m to the bottom of the structure. Wallace will be lowered by 0.5m under the overpass, presumably after the existing crossing at grade is decommissioned.
In the meantime, hope they set up a camera to document any attempts to cross under by oversized vehicles. 3.9m is higher than 11'8" but we might get an entertaining slideshow after all is complete.

^Maximum legal vehicle height in Ontario is 4.15m, but yeah…. there’s always some joker. And if it’s a short dip in the road, the geometry better maintain that clearance or the 4.4 figure is moot.

Any stuck vehicle may necessitate rail line closures and bridge inspections, so while entertaining, I hope it doesn’t happen.

- Paul

In the meantime, hope they set up a camera to document any attempts to cross under by oversized vehicles. 3.9m is higher than 11'8" but we might get an entertaining slideshow after all is complete.
True, though the existing bridges over Bloor on the Kitchener Line are only 3.8m and I don't think there have been many collisions. Too low for the GO double deckers though.

That looks refreshingly old school, as if it's been there for decades.
There used to be 2 track bridge there and only rebuilt one at this time to allow for higher clearance and a clean look without the centre columns. Same will happen after the fly over line opens for the current one.

It would had been nice to the same for Bloor, but the current bridges needs a centre columns as they cannot support the weight if clear span. No idea if Bloor and Dupont bridges are heritage class bridges.

Back