Brampton 1 Steeles Avenue East | ?m | 50s | Kaneff | BDP Quadrangle

ShonTron

Member Bio
Reaction score
Materials are finally available for Kaneff's plans for its properties at Main/Hurontario and Steeles, across from Shoppers World.

Still in the pre-consultation phase, but Kaneff is submitting a joint proposal along with Calvary Baptist Church (immediately to the south on Hurontario) to redevelop its one-storey, multi-building plaza with three high-rise buildings and one mid-rise building, which will contain a new church site.

Kaneff is proposing 1,854 residential units with ground floor retail. BDP Quadrangle are also the architects on record for Shoppers World and Kaneff's 210/220 Steeles West property.

Massing images:

Kaneff Steeles 3.jpg

Kaneff Steeles 1.jpg

Kaneff Steeles 2.jpg

Materials are finally available for Kaneff's plans for its properties at Main/Hurontario and Steeles, across from Shoppers World.

Still in the pre-consultation phase, but Kaneff is submitting a joint proposal along with Calvary Baptist Church (immediately to the south on Hurontario) to redevelop its one-storey, multi-building plaza with three high-rise buildings and one mid-rise building, which will contain a new church site.

Kaneff is proposing 1,854 residential units with ground floor retail. BDP Quadrangle are also the architects on record for Shoppers World and Kaneff's 210/220 Steeles West property.

Massing images:

View attachment 427727
View attachment 427725

View attachment 427726

I'd like to see the those podiums come down in height a bit, 11 storeys seems excessive to me. Difficult to assess the setback.

I would say, at first blush, looks a bit crowded, with all the density skewed to the one side too.

I'd like to see the those podiums come down in height a bit, 11 storeys seems excessive to me. Difficult to assess the setback.

I would say, at first blush, looks a bit crowded, with all the density skewed to the one side too.

This was an earlier submission, from two years ago, that covered Kaneff's Bartley's Square plaza on the north side of Steeles. The tallest buildings were to be just 28 storeys, but even then, there was a lot of crowding of the south side parcels. It's not the height that's the problem here, but excessive crowding of the buildings. The Shoppers World redevelopment will be much more humanly scaled than this.

Early kaneff.jpg

I agree 11 is huge especially outside of a downtown for a podium. Concord's Canada House is a 10 storey and it is enormous with its surroundings.

Back