Toronto Concord Canada House | 231.97m | 74s | Concord Adex | Arcadis

I think a big part of the issue is that CityPlace is such a homogenous collection of window wall-clad towers and this is just 74 more storeys of the same. It feels like a wasted opportunity for what should've been the "signature" piece to the whole area. It's not necessarily bad, but it sure ain't a landmark.

Also personally, I'm so tired of charcoal brick. At this scale the podium is very dark and overwhelming.
That's an entirely fair assessment, and CityPlace does have a variety of 'good', 'ok', and 'bad' towers as well. I guess I just look at this somewhat in isolation and go, yep, not bad. Well detailed and fairly calm. I guess I'm just less interested in 'signatures' these days as they almost always lead to terrible living spaces.

That's an entirely fair assessment, and CityPlace does have a variety of 'good', 'ok', and 'bad' towers as well. I guess I just look at this somewhat in isolation and go, yep, not bad. Well detailed and fairly calm. I guess I'm just less interested in 'signatures' these days as they almost always lead to terrible living spaces.
Agreed on the variety, there are certainly towers I like more and taken on its own, this one has potential to be one of the better ones. I also find, and this is once again a personal preference thing, I'm not a huge fan of entirely glass-clad skyscrapers in general, especially in such large clusters.

In the early days of this wave they seemed fresh and punctuated our largely concrete/brick/stone built environment nicely, but now the fatigue is real.

A few pics I took of the north side, and one or the east. From last Monday. It seemed a bit more interesting after dark but I didn't take any pics (trying to get ahead of the storm after the ball game). The ceiling height through the middle is impressive and light years (potentially) ahead of other CP podiums for visual interest. .. which isn't a huge feat.
20220829_185345.jpg
20220829_185348.jpg
20220829_185356.jpg
20220829_185403.jpg
20220829_185722.jpg

I think a big part of the issue is that CityPlace is such a homogenous collection of window wall-clad towers and this is just 74 more storeys of the same. It feels like a wasted opportunity for what should've been the "signature" piece to the whole area. It's not necessarily bad, but it sure ain't a landmark.

Also personally, I'm so tired of charcoal brick. At this scale the podium is very dark and overwhelming.

This is far superior to the junk that's over at city place.

Nice! Front row seat, @tstormers, congrats. I had friends who used to live in 361 Front. Just a huge, amazing, unit from a bygone era.
Not my place unfortunately, but I seem to keep making friends with great views and new angles of a bunch of the projects downtown.
Cat & House sitting downtown opposed to my basement apartment in the east end lol

Would love to live in this place though!

Back