Toronto GO Transit: Davenport Diamond Grade Separation | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

Man, that takes me back. I haven't been on Infiltration in awhile, but I used to devour that website in the early 2000s when working at the library at U of T. Thanks for the nice reminder of a simpler time, @mind_the_gap!

And yes, RIP Ninjalicious. A kind soul, taken far too early.
Ps. The employees at that McD’s used to stand at the top of the former escalator.

Correction:
According to Steve Munro’s article from 2007, City drawings state the tunnel ended across from where the LCBO was, not the McD’s.

Last edited:
“Noon” = 9am…

23CD945F-BC34-4E48-9332-B5635A60FAB5.jpeg
8F1C6334-3EDF-4778-AF6A-A100BE061FF1.jpeg

The progress on this is so awesome that I just had to do some figuring on Google Maps.

Twelve spans complete between Wallace and Antler at 21m per span = roughly 252m. The remaining distance to the previous 3 spans at Dupont - about 170m, or 8 more spans.

Three spans to go in north of Dupont, and the final two at Wallace. So we have 15 complete, 13 to go.

In my crude Google measuring, I found something interesting. Why were the three spans at Dupont completed first? Well, the span across Dupont is nonstandard.... 31m instead of the standard 21. Got that step out of the way early, I guess.

- Paul

Screen Shot 2022-07-29 at 9.32.47 AM.png

Last edited:
In my crude Google measuring, I found something interesting. Why were the three spans at Dupont completed first? Well, the span across Dupont is nonstandard.... 31m instead of the standard 21. Got that step out of the way early, I guess.
Nice catch! I suppose they needed that span in place so they could drive the delivery vehicle over it while placing the other, standard, spans.

I recall they shut down Dupont and did an overnight install. The additional logistics around that might have been easier to manage if scheduled at the beginning, rather than occuring in the middle. Though you make a good point that it being longer probably had an impact as well.

Some photos from yesterday evening:

20220728_191702.jpg

Paton Rd. Underpass, west side.

20220728_191730.jpg

Paton Rd. Underpass, west side.

20220728_191955.jpg

Paton Rd. underpass, seen from Erwin Krickhahn Park.

20220728_192241.jpg

Paton Rd. Underpass, as seen from Rankin. Cres. Laneway.

20220728_192405.jpg

Laneway between Rankin and the tracks, looking north to Wallace. Note that the laneway is elevated on a berm, and the old sound walls are now lower than the new guideway.

20220728_192545.jpg

Looking north at Wallace, from the Rankin laneway.

20220728_192837.jpg

North of Wallace.

20220728_193007.jpg

South end of Campbell Park.

20220728_193141.jpg

.....next piece going in....next to Campbell Park.

They do about 3 segments a week these days, so maybe two weeks more to meet the south end of the northern guideway island? Then there are about three north of Dupont that still need to go in, and it's complete (minus the bridge over Wallace and first connecting segment north of that).

It's really not visually intrusive at all. There wouldn't be any negative aesthetic effect from slinging these over our large suburban arterials.
Ya and it's for full size heavy rail go trains. Hopefully people can see that elevated TR subways are not as bad as people think (Sheppard east).

Back