Toronto Time and Space Condos | 101.8m | 29s | Pemberton | Wallman Architects

Or possibly the whole thing could be a No Frills :)

No, it cannot. (well, it doesn't break the laws of physics, but it would contravene common sense and store planning policy)

11,000ft2 would be insane. Even the super tiny one in Cabbagetown is ~13,000ft2

No, it cannot. (well, it doesn't break the laws of physics, but it would contravene common sense and store planning policy)

11,000ft2 would be insane. Even the super tiny one in Cabbagetown is ~13,000ft2
Isn't the space in the new King East Centre building, which they swear they will be staying in, much smaller than that?

Isn't the space in the new King East Centre building, which they swear they will be staying in, much smaller than that?
There is an 18,750sf retail unit in King East, where I assume No Frills will go. There is also a larger Back of House area identified, which would likely mean that 18,000sf could basically entirely be dedicated to actual store space.

There is an 18,750sf retail unit in King East, where I assume No Frills will go. There is also a larger Back of House area identified, which would likely mean that 18,000sf could basically entirely be dedicated to actual store space.

It is correct to say, that IF No Frills remains here, this is the space they will take.

But the Final Approval report did leave that something of a question, noting the absence of Type A loading.

1659987816432.png

There is a Shoppers not more than 5 minutes away at The Esplanade and Lower Jarvis and SDM is owned by Loblaw who run the pharmacy at the No Frills..
The ideal spot for a SDM would be in the Canary (health) District, as it’s pretty much 1km between the Jarvis location, and the Queen & Parliament one. With the number of buildings going up now, and affordable housing, not to mention the towers on lower Parliament. If Rexall wants a foothold in this area, Time & Space would be it. Just not sure Rexall gets this big.

The ideal spot for a SDM would be in the Canary (health) District, as it’s pretty much 1km between the Jarvis location, and the Queen & Parliament one. With the number of buildings going up now, and affordable housing, not to mention the towers on lower Parliament. If Rexall wants a foothold in this area, Time & Space would be it. Just not sure Rexall gets this big.
Yes, the Queen & Parliament SDM is also going to close, soon. The block is under development.

Yes, the Queen & Parliament SDM is also going to close, soon. The block is under development.
Yup. So more reason to shift down to Canary, though I’m not sure if current builds have the necessary square footage. Closest Rexall is at Church & Front, BUT Time & Space IS further away from that than the -now closed- location at Wellington & Yonge. I’d be fine to see a Rexall there, and SDM in Canary. Fingers crossed

Back