News   Mar 28, 2024
 485     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 397     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 742     0 

Farm Boy expansion in the GTA

That’s extremely close to their Harbourfront Centre store at Queens Quay and York, but with all those condos popping up it makes sense.

Also gives me hope that the Farm Boy rumour in Metro City Hall comes true. One of the opposing thoughts was it was too close to their Bathurst and Front store.

Most supermarket chains, operating in Toronto try to operate at least a pair of locations in close proximity, as it rationalizes the truck routes to serve them.

(hence Metro going into Liberty Village and Parkdale Queen St. in a close time frame, and opening Dundas/Gould, and College Park in a close time frame and
Loblaws operating Bayview/Moore, Redway Road and the Value Mart on Bayview in very close proximity.

It's not a hard rule, but it's a common practice.

Was really hoping to see a Farm Boy in the retail space below Aquavista (which is meant for a grocery store, and a grocery store there would make a lovely waterfront spot). Hopefully this doesn't preclude that.

That’s extremely close to their Harbourfront Centre store at Queens Quay and York, but with all those condos popping up it makes sense.

Also gives me hope that the Farm Boy rumour in Metro City Hall comes true. One of the opposing thoughts was it was too close to their Bathurst and Front store.
Just like Oprah, you get a Farm Boy, and you get a Farm Boy, everyone gets a Farm Boy!

Was really hoping to see a Farm Boy in the retail space below Aquavista (which is meant for a grocery store, and a grocery store there would make a lovely waterfront spot). Hopefully this doesn't preclude that.

We've been hoping that a T&T would go in there to "replace" the lost Cherry one. It would be close to Loblaws and they might feel they would cannibalize each other I guess? I know T&T opened up around Kensington Market, but a waterfront one would do really good business IMHO.

The un-opened Eataly on Daniel's office building needs to be filled as well, but I'm not sure how big that space is.

Reactions: DSC
We've been hoping that a T&T would go in there to "replace" the lost Cherry one. It would be close to Loblaws and they might feel they would cannibalize each other I guess? I know T&T opened up around Kensington Market, but a waterfront one would do really good business IMHO.

The un-opened Eataly on Daniel's office building needs to be filled as well, but I'm not sure how big that space is.

Eataly?

Don't think so...........

Did you mean the Laboratorio Italia?

Has anyone heard about Farm Boy coming to Power and Adelaide?

Last I saw, the second floor (intended supermarket space) was being marketed as office space.

I don't know if they've secured any tenants mind you, and if they have not, then grocery may yet come to pass. I don't believe the space has been demised, but I could stand to be corrected on that point.

Regardless, there are currently no permits of substance active on the City's site.

Last I saw, the second floor (intended supermarket space) was being marketed as office space.

I don't know if they've secured any tenants mind you, and if they have not, then grocery may yet come to pass. I don't believe the space has been demised, but I could stand to be corrected on that point.

Regardless, there are currently no permits of substance active on the City's site.
I had a neighbour tell me it was going to be Farm Boy yesterday and I got excited. :-(

Back