Toronto Sugar Wharf Condominiums (Phase 1) | 231m | 70s | Menkes | a—A

Photos from a range of vantage points, none particularly close, taken July 26, 2022:

First, from the Queen Street Bridge over the Don River, without, then with zoom:

(digression, lets look at how that faux-oxidized-copper railing on the bridge is holding up......ummm)

DSC08683.JPG

DSC08684.JPG

Now, from just east of King and Parliament:

DSC08704.JPG

Finally, just west of King and Parliament (with and without zoom)

DSC08707.JPG

DSC08708.JPG

These buildings will definitely add some variety to the waterfront. Most of the other buildings on the waterfront are flat out plain and boring. Because of their pattern, these will stand out better than other monochromatic buildings on a dull grey day - dare I say even better than CIBC Square - at least when viewed from distance.

First the LCBO office building and now these two make me more hopeful about the Phase 2.

Dare I say it, but these condos are the most standout buildings looking at the waterfront, aside from the CN Tower of course. From a skyline perspective, it will def be more impactful than Gehry.

Congrats to all involved, what a great project.

Dare I say it, but these condos are the most standout buildings looking at the waterfront, aside from the CN Tower of course. From a skyline perspective, it will def be more impactful than Gehry.

Congrats to all involved, what a great project.

Inclined to agree. The contrast is is fantastic.

"All involved" includes a--A, a firm which some here on UT love to trash. Just saying.
If some think their style is trash (I don't)...I'm not going to hold it against them if they had made an informed opinion about it. Nor does that take away from a-A designing out quality projects or their legacy as a better architect firm for this city. And for what that is worth.

Back