DJI_0636.JPG

Attachments

• DJI_0634.JPG
    DJI_0634.JPG
    317.8 KB · Views: 82
July 10
Push box floor started north side of QEW
DJI_0740.JPG

Lane alignment recently changed. Now single lane southbound from north service rd.
DJI_0741.JPG

DJI_0742.JPG

Various views of Hurontario while out shooting on Sunday morning. It wasn't something I had set out to do but just realized when going through the photos that it may be of some use to some people. :

Looking Northbound towards Burnhamthorpe
DJI_0850.JPG

Looking Northbound at Cooksville Go
DJI_0869.JPG

Looking Southbound towards Dundas
DJI_0870.JPG

Looking northbound at The Queensway
DJI_0879.JPG

At The QEW looking northbound
DJI_0887.JPG

At South Service looking southbound
DJI_0885.JPG

The City of Brampton is hosting meetings right now for the Integrated Downtown Plan (IDP). No news or changes or updates for the Main Street LRT study but it's graphically shown on the IDP material. I think there's a website that has the dates and times for the public meetings but can't post it at the moment.

1.jpg

2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg

As a Mississauga resident I’m jealous that the lrt and go train could both service the downtown. I’m sure no one near square one gets excited on the other hand about taking a lrt to cooksville.

^ Yeah but Brampton is jealous Mississauga has TWO GO lines, one which can easily accommodate 7-day, all-day, two-way service because GO owns it and it's going to be entirely electrified. :)
But isn’t it also possible for Brampton to eventually push for its frequent rail service to extend to the downtown from Bramalea? Having Zum on the remainder of Main/Hurontario and the Queen BRT should count for something as well. Safe to say there’s jealousy on both sides 👍.

^ People and politicians are definitely pushing the Province to get a deal done with CN Rail to allow for more service at the Brampton and Mount Pleasant Stations. Work is happening of course on the bookends (Union-Bramalea; KW-Georgetown). There was a blog post I could find from a few months ago that describes some of the capital investment that will happen between Bramalea and Georgetown. It will involve adding more track (as referenced in the images above and in the GO Construction thread) and possibly the "Silver" Grade Separation near the Credit River. It's my understanding Metrolinx is doing further design review on that possibility and there could be a further update available this Fall.

So, the push is definitely there and we'll see what becomes public in the coming months/years.

The City of Brampton is hosting meetings right now for the Integrated Downtown Plan (IDP). No news or changes or updates for the Main Street LRT study but it's graphically shown on the IDP material. I think there's a website that has the dates and times for the public meetings but can't post it at the moment.

View attachment 414736

View attachment 414739View attachment 414740View attachment 414741View attachment 414742View attachment 414743

The website is here: https://www.brampton.ca/EN/City-Hal...ntown Plan (IDP,investment till the year 2051.

The presentation deck with a clearer version of the images above hasn't been officially published yet but I'll post an updated when it's posted.

But isn’t it also possible for Brampton to eventually push for its frequent rail service to extend to the downtown from Bramalea? Having Zum on the remainder of Main/Hurontario and the Queen BRT should count for something as well. Safe to say there’s jealousy on both sides 👍.
The reason why GO hasn't been able to extend frequent service beyond Bramalea is because that section in Brampton is an important CN freight corridor. CN won't sell it unless they get a bypass which is impossible to built now. The only possible way is to build more tracks on that corridor, either elevated or tunneled in narrow sections.

The reason why GO hasn't been able to extend frequent service beyond Bramalea is because that section in Brampton is an important CN freight corridor. CN won't sell it unless they get a bypass which is impossible to built now. The only possible way is to build more tracks on that corridor, either elevated or tunneled in narrow sections.

The planned third track through downtown Brampton will be at-grade. Not elevated or tunneled.

The double-tracked section is barely 1.5km long. Triple tracks both east and west of that. All of it was single-tracked just 16 years ago. Is it really so difficult of a problem to overcome with a little smart scheduling and coordination of the trains?

Back