Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

Not sure what you're claiming. The render in this image is exactly what they've installed: windows with bars across them.
Not exactly. If you look at the current image, the east side shows clear windows on one level and then the same metal cladding as the south side. The render has the windows/cladding as more translucent. Perhaps when there is lighting behind it will appear that way.

Not exactly. If you look at the current image, the east side shows clear windows on one level and then the same metal cladding as the south side. The render has the windows/cladding as more translucent. Perhaps when there is lighting behind it will appear that way.
When light shines on it it’s lighter, and as you mentioned it will presumably be lit inside. Although in general the cladding materials are going to be darker / more greyish bronze than the golden colours shown in the renderings.

Just now a less obstructed view of what’s being set up.
F1CE8E24-C333-42B8-88B6-3802A9B1CECB.jpeg
B365DCA0-E867-48E8-BE70-80578102F3BD.jpeg

Had a dream last night that the one was scaled back to 160m 54 storeys
With a Generic aA design
Maybe I've seen way too many towers scaled back ;)

Staff tried to get people to move back to the edge of the street and no one listened - like didn't even acknowledge them. I imagine we will be back to a fenced route next year as a result.
Yeah, it was a nice idea, but it didn't work in reality. My group had a 3:30 march time, and due to how hard it was for the parade to get through the crowds early in the parade, we didn't even move until 6pm. Once we got marching, it was really nice not having the barriers, you got to interact with the crowds a lot which was very cool. But as you said, I expect they'll be back next year due to what a mess the first few hours of the parade was.

Back