Mississauga Lakeview Village | ?m | ?s | Argo Developments | Sasaki

Press Release: https://www.businesswire.com/news/h...Brand-and-Announce-Community-Builder-Partners

Excerpt:

1637817780029.png

Accompanying Graphic:

1637817863438.png

From the new landing page noted by @Tridelwebmaster:

lakeview-square_20210907190347_0.png

1637818108947.png

From a BlogTo article: https://www.blogto.com/real-estate-...t-longest-pier-lake-ontario-lakeview-village/

1637818194096.png

Lots of interesting concepts and pretty renders. But without a robust public transit component and sufficient uptake, this will be a traffic nightmare.

I know there are two GO stations not that far away as well as planned transit along Lakeshore, but this being Mississauga, I think you can count on traffic clogging the way in and out of this massive development. People do love to drive there, even if only to the GO station to commute or to local shops.

It's possible things have changed and the demographic will be more committed to active and public transportation, but if I lived nearby, I would be worried. Love the density, but as always the transportation is built way after it should be.

Lots of interesting concepts and pretty renders. But without a robust public transit component and sufficient uptake, this will be a traffic nightmare.

I know there are two GO stations not that far away as well as planned transit along Lakeshore, but this being Mississauga, I think you can count on traffic clogging the way in and out of this massive development. People do love to drive there, even if only to the GO station to commute or to local shops.

It's possible things have changed and the demographic will be more committed to active and public transportation, but if I lived nearby, I would be worried. Love the density, but as always the transportation is built way after it should be.
There's an ongoing TPAP right now for BRT between East Ave and Etobicoke Creek (Long Branch Loop) ~2km that includes the Lakeview stretch. Hopefully it'll get extended to Hurontario, or at least result in high frequency bus service between Hurontario and Long Branch Loop/GO.

I believe that the ultimate long range plan is to extend the TTC streetcar all the way to Hurontario LRT, but I'm assuming that's in the decades + term.

There's an ongoing TPAP right now for BRT between East Ave and Etobicoke Creek (Long Branch Loop) ~2km that includes the Lakeview stretch. Hopefully it'll get extended to Hurontario, or at least result in high frequency bus service between Hurontario and Long Branch Loop/GO.

I believe that the ultimate long range plan is to extend the TTC streetcar all the way to Hurontario LRT, but I'm assuming that's in the decades + term.

Thanks for that. It will help for sure!

Article in the The Star on this development.

Paywalled at time of posting.

The gist is that a local residents group wants the height cut, primarily one tower adjacent to the waterfront parklands, from 24s to 12s.

Other towers are as high as 50s in the proposal and seem to attract less negativity.

The argument is that the vision for the community was midrise and that's the way it should interact w/the broader public; and that no one wants to feel overwhelmed (towered over) when using the waterfront park system.

I won't speak to the details in this post, I simply offer the article up for consideration.

Article in the The Star on this development.

Paywalled at time of posting.

The gist is that a local residents group wants the height cut, primarily one tower adjacent to the waterfront parklands, from 24s to 12s.

Other towers are as high as 50s in the proposal and seem to attract less negativity.

The argument is that the vision for the community was midrise and that's the way it should interact w/the broader public; and that no one wants to feel overwhelmed (towered over) when using the waterfront park system.

I won't speak to the details in this post, I simply offer the article up for consideration.
Some of us don’t have a subscription

April 7th.

Apparently Mayor Crombie was there the next day at the opening of the sales centre.

DJI_0578.JPG

The new Discovery Centre opened last month, set to serve as a community hub, sales centre and gathering place for artists for the next 10 years as the community progresses. Q4 Architects was the architect and incorporated design elements that paid tribute to the site’s industrial past, including the Four Sisters chimneys of the demolished Lakeview Generating Station.

-------
The developer is advancing on engineering and landscape submissions and is aiming to be in a position to start servicing the subdivision in early 2023.

It is hoped that complete servicing of the whole 177 acres will be completed by the end of next year.

The homebuilders should be in a position to pull their first permits to start underground foundations and garages in the latter part of next year, it is hoped, and the target is for initial occupancies in the first five blocks in early 2026.

FRONT-DW-Lakeview-discovery-opens-web.jpg

Back