News   Apr 24, 2024
 955     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.5K     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 620     0 

Rouge Bijou (Downtown Markham, Remington, 10 + 3x 7s, Quadrangle)

Remington Masterplan

Just to illustrate for everyone the 'Downtown Markham' project as proposed by Remington (there are also other developers' proposals to the north and west of this one)

MasterPlan_PressRoom_final.jpg

Renderings showing the 'urban' concept:
11High_Street.jpg
12Lyons_Gate.jpg

13Galerie.jpg
14Simcoe_Promenade.jpg

15Commercial_Properties_march8.jpg

Remington Buildings

Proposed buildings to date include:

Rouge Bijou / Terraces / Promenade / Arbor (as shown in marcus_a_j's pics above)
16RougeBijou_R1_AD.jpg
17RougeBijou-Terraces.jpg

18RougeBijou-Promenade.jpg
19Rouge-ARB_elev_illus_4c.jpg

The Benchmark Townhosues
24Townhomes_TSA-flat_REV.jpg
25street-with-moped_nosig.jpg

Last edited:
Liberty Development Buildings

These buildings are constructed west of Warden Avenue

NOA 1 / 2 / 3 / 4
NOA12.jpg
NOA4.jpg
NOA3.jpg

Site Plan
libertysiteplan.jpg

^ Solaris, there is a 'Liberty Towers' thread already (although I don't think the renderings are there). I've never seen that entire site concept before.

And also, thanks for providing the renders for Downtown Markham. I took some more photos on the weekend but haven't had time to post them yet. I never took the time to know what each building is. I'll try to post the pics tonight when I get home (if i have time)

marcus_a_j ... if I understand you correctly, the Liberty Towers thread refers to a development by CanAlfa in the King West / Liberty Village area, whereas the renderings I posted above for 'Liberty Development' refers to the NOA project at Warden/Highway 7 in Markham

Proposed Renderings Still

I took a tour of "Downtown Markham" recently and it has a good 20-30 years before it reaches any real critical mass to reach the proposed vision in the renderings. The key words being proposed and renderings. A lot can happen to the market during this period and I certainly hope they can achieve it all in the end.

At the moment, its a vast empty field with a road running through it with VIVA service (no sidewalks yet).

Louroz

^ Someone's jealous...:)

Again, "Downtown Markham" is just one part of downtown Markham (aka Markham Centre)...it's like equating Amacon's complex with all of Mississauga Centre.

Markham Centre Tour

To clarify, I took a tour of all of "Markham Centre" lands.

I took an extensive walking - transit tour beginning in histroic and beautiful Unionville, walked south to the new High School, checked out the YMCA - GO Station and hoped on board the the VIVA line through the centre of the lands.

I got off at South Town Blvd and checked out that Noa site, and walked across Highway 7, walked around the Tridel site, and toured the Town Hall and Performing Arts Centre.

Lots of open space with a lot of potential and plans. My fear like so many past grand City Centre, Town Centre, Downtown plans (Think Mississauga, Scarborough and Oakville) is we never move beyond the proposed renderings, or only get partially built.

After my recent tour, I found some excellent completed developments and several more under construction in Markham Centre, yet they are all too far spaced out and completely isolated from each other to make any real impact at the moment.

Louroz

The only key ingredient missing in those hopelessly idealized renders are LRT lines, which shows how serious that burb is about mass transit in the future.

My fear like so many past grand City Centre, Town Centre, Downtown plans (Think Mississauga, Scarborough and Oakville) is we never move beyond the proposed renderings, or only get partially built.

A fear shared by many, no doubt. I was thinking pretty much the same thing: the drawings have so much potential, but the effort to get there may be the dictated by the cheapest route available.

I took a tour of "Downtown Markham" recently and it has a good 20-30 years before it reaches any real critical mass to reach the proposed vision in the renderings. The key words being proposed and renderings. A lot can happen to the market during this period and I certainly hope they can achieve it all in the end.

I agree there isn't much completed yet on Remington lands as yet ... Remington intends it will take 12 to 15 years to complete their project (but there is more to Markham Centre) ... in about 2 years time Remington will have completed its first phase of construction including 7 residential towers (shown previously) and a series of townhouses located at the northwest portion of Remington masterplan ... as always renderings are great to look at, but one can only hope the concept mix of retail-office-residential and the overall plan materializes properly over time as planned ... I am just a little uncertain on the European plazas and cafes idea

To clarify, I took a tour of all of "Markham Centre" lands.

I took an extensive walking - transit tour beginning in histroic and beautiful Unionville, walked south to the new High School, checked out the YMCA - GO Station and hoped on board the the VIVA line through the centre of the lands.

I got off at South Town Blvd and checked out that Noa site, and walked across Highway 7, walked around the Tridel site, and toured the Town Hall and Performing Arts Centre.

Lots of open space with a lot of potential and plans. My fear like so many past grand City Centre, Town Centre, Downtown plans (Think Mississauga, Scarborough and Oakville) is we never move beyond the proposed renderings, or only get partially built.

After my recent tour, I found some excellent completed developments and several more under construction in Markham Centre, yet they are all too far spaced out and completely isolated from each other to make any real impact at the moment.

A fear shared by many, no doubt. I was thinking pretty much the same thing: the drawings have so much potential, but the effort to get there may be the dictated by the cheapest route available.

Generally I think the Warden West District has been pretty well development thus far ... with completed (or near complete) projects like Liberty NOA, Liberty Square, Tridel CIRCA, and Times Group Majestic Court, it gives a sense of the density they are seeking in Markham Centre and the future of these lands ... I will try to get some photos to illustrate

The only key ingredient missing in those hopelessly idealized renders are LRT lines, which shows how serious that burb is about mass transit in the future.

Provisions have been made such that VIVA (York Region rapid transit) already services Markham Centre with connections to Yonge/Finch and Don Mills subway station

July 19, 2008

Honeywell office
DSC03274.jpg

Promenade
DSC03275.jpg

Rouge Bigou and Terraces
DSC03276.jpg

Promenade and Arbor
DSC03277.jpg

DSC03282.jpg

DSC03283.jpg

DSC03284.jpg

Verdale
DSC03289.jpg

Looking southwest from Verclaire Gate and Birchmount Rd.
DSC03292.jpg

Birchmount Rd. extension under 407, looking south from Enterprise Blvd.
DSC03299.jpg

From Highway 7, east of Warden. Warden/Highway 7 proposal where the green field is. And this one is just outside the shot to the right
DSC03312.jpg

July 19, 2008
DSC03282.jpg

Looking southwest from Verclaire Gate and Birchmount Rd.
DSC03292.jpg

Great photos marcu_a_j ... these illustrate the type of built form / street wall intended through-out Markham Centre upon completion

Back