Toronto 160 Front West | 239.87m | 46s | Cadillac Fairview | AS + GG

Just now:

IMG_4660.jpeg
IMG_4661.jpeg
IMG_4662.jpeg
IMG_4663.jpeg
IMG_4664.jpeg
IMG_4665.jpeg

If they can rebuild and 1800s brick facade with the details on top as seen in the photos up above. Why not do it organically with new bricks more often on podiums. This downtown core needs more of this style and others, there's too much glass and metal etc! Ps. Clean up the the calcium build up lol!

Been walking by here quite a bit recently. I think this tower will really shine when done. That angled glass is stunning in person and the tower is having a large imposing presence already.

These photos (plus more of the ones I removed to make the post shorter). Make me think some of the photos once complete with the CN Tower reflections will be pretty cool.

Does anyone know what kind of art installation this project is supposed to have?

If they can rebuild and 1800s brick facade with the details on top as seen in the photos up above. Why not do it organically with new bricks more often on podiums. This downtown core needs more of this style and others, there's too much glass and metal etc! Ps. Clean up the the calcium build up lol!
Money...unfortunately. There are a bunch of newer ones with cool details using faux brick, like on King & Portland https://urbantoronto.ca/database/projects/king-portland-centre-and-kingly-condos

I dont really get the mismatched podium section here. I still need to see more detail and how the glass transitions up the tower to get a better impression of the design. I do like the slanted glass at the base of the tower on its own but not sure how it fits in with the surroundings. I still think the form of the upper tower is going to be the highlight if built as seen in the renders. I'm not a huge fan of the grouping of buildings west of here (RBC, Simcoe Place, Ritz Carlton and especially the regrettable CBC building). I was hoping this tower will somehow pull them all together but we shall see...

Back