Toronto Ontario Line 3 | ?m | ?s

Elevated subways? In Toronto!? Surely we're better than that. We should bury all the new subway lines so we don't look like those decrepit second-rate cities with elevated rail near major thoroughfares, like Vancouver and Toronto.
Or New York, Paris, London, Tokyo…

It’s a very Toronto perspective: no matter how many times a problem has been addressed elsewhere, we are different. Unique. None of those solutions apply.

Or New York, Paris, London, Tokyo…

It’s a very Toronto perspective: no matter how many times a problem has been addressed elsewhere, we are different. Unique. None of those solutions apply.
Line 2 at Keele, Victoria Park, Pharmacy, and St Clair also doesn't count for some reason. I can't imagine it's to do with the socioeconomic standing of these neighbourhoods, though... 🤔

Line 2 at Keele, Victoria Park, Pharmacy, and St Clair also doesn't count for some reason. I can't imagine it's to do with the socioeconomic standing of these neighbourhoods, though... 🤔
Nothing to do with that. The areas with infra that was built a long time ago are easy to ignore because eveyone is used to the current state of affairs. So there's no ulterior motive as to why no one's advocating for burying elevated in those areas; it's important not to introduce new disingenuous/spurious arguments when addressing existing ones-god knows, we have more than enough when it comes to transit building in this city.

A condo corporation is essentially a single landowner which owners hold shares of. Those shares give them exclusive right to their units, and partial ownership of common area (like hallways, or, say, subsurface property rights).

So for the gov, they would just expropriate from the condo corporation like they are a single landowner, and the funds would be proportionately be distributed between condo shareholders.

That’s my understanding at least.
So convoluted but neat. I've always imagined a situation if a condo were to be obliterated how the compensation would work. I guess just a square foot of the land divided by the number of units.

Look into the history of the TYSSE. It's already happened.

Dan
That's why I asked because I thought it hadn't. TYSSE seemed to go under single owner industrial and a public institution afaik, no condos.

So convoluted but neat. I've always imagined a situation if a condo were to be obliterated how the compensation would work. I guess just a square foot of the land divided by the number of units.

That's why I asked because I thought it hadn't. TYSSE seemed to go under single owner industrial and a public institution afaik, no condos.
dissolving a condo corp is a legitmate process. its only happened a few times.

Several of the buildings that the line runs under are operated as condominium-style industrial and commercial units.

Dan

I don't agree with the reporting here that what happened with the Finch West LRT MSF and the OL MSF are an apples for apples comparison. There are some differences in my mind.
there wasnt even any agreement to transfer land back to the community, theyre only taking what they need. metrolinx has given so many concessions already jeez

Several of the buildings that the line runs under are operated as condominium-style industrial and commercial units.

Dan

Interesting. I had wondered about suburban commercial/industrial properties like these before and assumed they were all leased out from a single owner. But a condo-style ownership makes sense.

Does anyone know what the delay is for the Ministers approval on the environmental report? Hasn't 35 days passed already??

Back