Toronto Union Station Revitalization | ?m | ?s | City of Toronto | NORR

The 2004 canopy looks so good, what happened to that plan!!

View attachment 392217

That's Lisbon's Estação do Oriente superimposed on Union Station and recoloured to cheapo green Toronto glazing - totally a non-project (done for illustrative purposes for the master plan around that time).

AoD

Last edited:
The sword swallower is a nice touch!

That's one would want to do after looking at that what was done to that headhouse - and special mention for wheelchair users with the amount of switchbacks...

On that note, I think I will call the exorcist.

AoD

Last edited:
That proposal is hilarious. Turn the east wing Union Station into a real life version of the Lemmings video game or a human pachinko machine. Take a building... and make it completely unproductive where the entire building is vertical access... mind blown. They show all these people enjoying themselves in most of the pictures but I suspect sticking a sword into their body is about the only thing you would see.

Union Station was roaring with excitement this morning..

20220414_082328.jpg
20220414_081957.jpg
20220414_081930.jpg
20220414_081515.jpg
20220414_081503.jpg

Was it for a cause or just a artistic endeavor to elicit smiles?

I believe this possibly was meant to draw attention to the re-opening of "Jurassic Park" in adjacent Maple Leaf Square for Toronto Raptors fans to gather during the playoffs which were starting.

Reactions: PL1
Random thought of the day..

Would you be able to easily tell which of these washrooms is for women and which is for men without entering the wrong one?

I just watched a guy (no mistaking it) walk into the women's and back into the mens. The signage indicating which washeoom is which is buried on a wall after you enter and easily missed.

20220419_082748.jpg

Last edited:
They really need to put continuously welded rail through the station area. As trains move through the train shed and hit rail joints it sends a significant vibration through the building that I can't imagine has zero impact on future maintenance costs. Things that squeak and creak when there are vibrations tend to get looser over time.

Back