Mississauga Hurontario-Main Line 10 LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

The Ontario line would be a less silly name if it left Toronto. As a Mississaugian I will gladly volunteer to let a station come here for it to be less silly.
It runs from Ontario Place to the Ontario Science Centre with lots of connections to GO (Government of Ontario) Transit and it was conceived by throwing out a city proposed line and replacing it with an Ontario designed replacement.

It runs from Ontario Place to the Ontario Science Centre with lots of connections to GO (Government of Ontario) Transit and it was conceived by throwing out a city proposed line and replacing it with an Ontario designed replacement.
Except it doesn't run to Ontario Place; Sherbourne is closer to Line 1 than Ontario Place is to the proposed Exhibition subway station.

Except it doesn't run to Ontario Place; Sherbourne is closer to Line 1 than Ontario Place is to the proposed Exhibition subway station.
It's a 13m walk over 1.0 km from Pioneer Village Station to Black Creek Pioneer Village.

1651437059688.png

From link.

It's a 13m walk over 1.0 km from Pioneer Village Station to Black Creek Pioneer Village.
Another absurd naming - should have been Steeles West.

That said, it's only 450 metres from the other entrance, to the corner of the Village. Why they haven't opened a second entrance there I don't know ...
1651437642584.png

Also, i wouldn't walk on that winding 1 km walk through campus. It's shorter to come from the other entrance:
1651437794977.png

Ottawa plays this game too.

View attachment 398090
To this day the name change is baffling. Like I get that with the opening of the Confederation Line, they didn't want to have a station called "Confederation", but you could've named it after so many other things, like why not "Confederation Heights" or "Brookfield" or even "Heron West"?

This one is a direct result of what happens when you leave station naming to "consultants" who dont know better, and when you follow Metrolinx' naming stations after neighbourhood guidelines. The Crosstown line station is named Science Centre, so the Ontario Line station was named to match this (ie: you cant have the Crosstown line named Science Centre, while the Ontario line station is named something else).

The end result is we'll have nice confusion because Metrolinx decides not to name stations like a normal organization would.

Dont worry though, Hurontario (aka Hazel McCallion Line) will have it's own mess of a station name with Eglinton station (at Hurontario and Eglinton). It's like they are trying to get people lost on purpose, between the idiotic naming and some of the new station wayfinding signs.

Ok, let's get this back on topic - the Hurontario LRT. If you want to talk about ridiculous names, we can still talk about the awful name slapped on this line by Doug Ford.
The name of the line is perfectly fine. Do you have any suggestions for what names they should have used?

Back