Toronto 1 Adriatic | 72m | 22s | BV Realty Partners | superkül

AlbertC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Trolleybus have been working on assembling 17 land parcels along Adriatic Road, which is a small residential side street in the Islington & Hwy 401 area lined with single family homes. They look to be redeveloping (almost) the entire street with multiple highrise residential buildings.

adri.JPG
adri2.JPG

adri8.JPG

Current condition of Adriatic Road:

adri4.JPG

A few renderings posted on Trolleybus' website, with the buildings designed by superkül:

adri5.jpg
adri6.jpg

adri7.jpg

Seems like Trollbus's specialty is assembling low rise parcels. I believe this is their fifth entirely assembly based project.

Oh wow, I have a relative that lives in the adjacent building south of this, it'll be a good change to the area.
The grade change on islington due to the train track overpass will make it challenging for a good street wall I think. But up to Monogram place is fairly flat hopefully they make the most of it.

OMG how is this even possible , what are the odds of one developer buying up all 17 of those houses, and not a single owner refusing to sell, i wish i knew i would have bought that house and i would be the only guy on that street who refuses to sell to the developer unless they offered me like $3 million dollars hahahaha..

there is only record of 4 houses that sold on that street according to HouseSigma data that dates back to 2003
Screenshot_20220316-232704.jpg

Screenshot_20220316-233248.jpg

Screenshot_20220316-234726.jpg

Screenshot_20220316-234753.jpg

Last edited:
Trolleybus' whole schtick is assembling properties then selling them to developers to actually build.. They have gotten it down to a science.

I think it would be smarter to put retail streetwalls perhaps on collectors away from arterial/traffic sewers. Toronto is, IMO, making a mistake trying to make traffic sewers vibrant urban streets. That effort will fail because we still need vehicle-priority roads to access neighbourhoods. It is a less dramatic version of Brampton's batshit crazy idea of making the 413 a truck highway/urban boulevard.

Looks like we have a hold out house at the south west end at the site of the new park, they bought 17/18 houses on that street.

OMG how is this even possible , what are the odds of one developer buying up all 17 of those houses, and not a single owner refusing to sell, i wish i knew i would have bought that house and i would be the only guy on that street who refuses to sell to the developer unless they offered me like $3 million dollars hahahaha..

there is only record of 4 houses that sold on that street according to HouseSigma data that dates back to 2003
View attachment 385780
View attachment 385781
View attachment 385782
View attachment 385783
They tie them up with a $50k deposit and close on zoning or some other milestone.

Looks like we have a hold out house at the south west end at the site of the new park, they bought 17/18 houses on that street.
i wonder what changes could be made to the masterplan if that 1 house sold like everybody else ? , bigger park or more units ?
if they build the condos as planned, what could be done with that small lot with the house in the future? redeveloped into a few townhomes on the corner ?

UT article summary:

Back