News   Mar 28, 2024
 232     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 224     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 278     0 

News on retail chains (was: New Mall Retail)

Wong's Ice Cream, which had a single shop on Gerrard East before closing down, have formed a new partnership with the Basil Box chain to have their ice cream served at their locations:

Sorry if this was posted before; today I heard from a person at the Bay that Zellers is coming back. Much memories!

Anything is possible, but I haven't caught wind of any serious plans, beyond hiving off a corner in some old stores, or perhaps a limited presence online, largely to address a trademark fight they were having.

I'm still hearing of further downsizing of 'The Bay' and the only investment I've seen mused about outside of that core brand is buying U.S. retailer Kohl's; should they acquire it, you might see that brand in Canada, or might not; but that would likely take
most of the air in the room not to devoted to 'The Bay'.

Oh no, it was basically confirmed by the HR person. They've just kept it under wraps, but I was given the impression it's a done deal.

No offense but I trust Northern Light more than the word of an unnamed low-level HR person.

For reasons I don't fully understand, @Northern Light has the inside track when it comes to this sort of stuff. His connections run alot higher than yours.

No offense but I trust Northern Light more than the word of an unnamed low-level HR person.

For reasons I don't fully understand, @Northern Light has the inside track when it comes to this sort of stuff. His connections run alot higher than yours.

Don't get me in trouble! Its entirely possible for at @Undead or anyone else to scoop me. It happens.

That said, I'm going to see if can't needle a source or two and see if they've been brewing something up.......

LOL

Well I'd say if the information has filtered through to the low level HR people, that speaks to the validity of the news. I can tell you from personal experience, as one such low level office rat myself, we know nothing. So if our lowly caste knows about something, it's a done deal at the higher level.

edit: of course, I have the person's name, but divulging it adds nothing to the conversation while potentially compromising their standing.

I remember hearing (I think this was in the news, or maybe my memory's bad) that they were going to restart the Zellers brand as a pop-up store in the Bay.

https://www.cbc.ca/radio/costofliving/zellers-pop-up-1.6204488
Apparently they've started it as a way to get media attention. It doesn't look to me (an outsider without any knowledge) that they would start Zellers stores, and the logic is mostly against it as well - Zellers was somewhat dead in its last years, COVID and online shopping, blah blah blah.

In Indigo news.............they continue to move to a store that sells almost everything except books, LOL...

They are now testing a large beauty section in a Vancouver store....over 1,300ft2

So they now sell Dolls, Linens, Candles, Cookware, Leggings/Reading Socks......

Oh....and a few books, that go w/same.

Sorry if this was posted before; today I heard from a person at the Bay that Zellers is coming back. Much memories!

A bit more poking...............

All I can say for now...........you were on to something...............and it was under my radar and a lot of people's.

Back