Toronto 8 Elm | 218.2m | 69s | Reserve Properties | Arcadis

That's a massive improvement. Is it still IBI? Looks advanced for IBI ...

Edit: Looks like a big curved slab edge. Also looks like the slabs are of varying depths every second floor based on the shadows from the vertical i-beams.
It is still IBI Group. Would every second slab really be thicker, or is this just an aesthetic treatment being applied? I say treatment. Seems like thickening every second slab would be a waste of concrete and money…

It is still IBI Group. Would every second slab really be thicker, or is this just an aesthetic treatment being applied? I say treatment. Seems like thickening every second slab would be a waste of concrete and money…

Oh yes - my bad. I meant slab edge detail. It looks like the balcony glass is inset into a curved slab edge.

Great concept but I absolutely do not believe they will execute those curves / the profiles of the metal accents as shown in those renders.

...I'm concerned too that all that bronze/gold balcony relief will be used to distract from potentially value engineered spandrel walls behind it. Which would likely make it too busy and awful to look at when it's all said and done. /sigh

A zoom-in from the North:

Always love the work watch it on the screen while playing the guitar lol! Hope to see a flyby on a few more that came on stream like 239 Dundas st and the new 60 Queen St east rendering when you have the time to so thanks!

No new renderings are updated in the database! There are some changes to the overall project information. The overall building height decreased from 218.20m to 217.85m. Overall storey count remains the same at 68 storeys. The total unit counts decreased from 819 units to 807 units. Finally, the total parking spaces decreased from 123 parking spaces to 65 parking spaces.

8elm.JPG
8elm2.JPG
8elm3.JPG
8elm4.JPG
8elm5.JPG
8elm6.JPG
8elm7.JPG

Personally I think this building should be thinner and higher of this same facade format. To let some sunight in it's right up against the proposed 372 Yonge development.

Back