Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

No new formwork on the area damaged from the fire, looks like column forms need to be replaced.
73F1786A-D532-49C4-B67D-869EA108F9BC.jpeg
A865A73A-BF18-4706-A88B-E870670A8C6A.jpeg
86655D64-B4B5-40D2-8ED2-B039DC937D13.jpeg
CCF3D4D0-C3CB-4EA4-9B44-AF05A9E0D908.jpeg

Not to join the naysayers, I understand a lot of the reasons why this has moved so slow, but that being said, this contractor seems to be a bit in over their heads. A least they finished the blue stuff on that side of the elevator podium. :)
...and naturally so, since I don't think any contractor and/or developer is expecting to deal with an unintentional fire.

That said, it doesn't look like they'll be able to get much done this weekend anyways. /sigh

Last edited:
Agreed on all points. Just thinking if your project is reliant in large part on eight super columns, maybe you have an extra set of forms, just in case they get accidentally damaged. Because it’s possible that could happen in any number of ways. Or maybe it’s cheaper to delay the project for several weeks. IDK. All I’ve built is a swing set.
Welp...they probably have spare form somewhere, maybe due to space limitation they don't have it on site. And maybe the rig that was to carry it here is hanging out at Queen's Park for the weekend... 😼

It was self deprecating. But if that were to happen, I go down to the lumber yard and replace what I need. But this is not that. This is a project worth hundreds of millions of dollars. Maybe a little redundancy wouldn’t be such a bad thing. And what kind of job site let’s this happen? When the majority of materials in that area are concrete and metal, how does it happen?! But like I said…
Take the number of forms on the job site, A. Multiply by the probability of one catching fire, B. Multiply by the cost of the associated delay, C. A times B times C is equal to X. If X is less than the cost of a redundant form, they don't buy one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Take the number of forms on the job site, A. Multiply by the probability of one catching fire, B. Multiply by the cost of the associated delay, C. A times B times C is equal to X. If X is less than the cost of a redundant form, they don't buy one.

Was this you by any chance? ;)

I don't know what to think. We received notice that there will be a cement pour Saturday but with the protests happening, everything is up in the air. I just looked out my window and it does appear there are lights shining down in the work area. We might be pleasantly surprised:)

New Announcement​

A new announcement has been posted. Click the link below to view the details (no login required).
Bloor St. W. Road Closure - Saturday, February 5

Dear ⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ Residents,
Please be aware that the closure of Bloor St. W. has once again been postponed and will take place Saturday, February 5th from 6am to 6pm from Yonge St. to Balmuto St.
This is to accommodate a concrete pour at 1 Bloor St. W. Paid duty police officers will be onsite to direct traffic and pedestrians away from the site.
There will be signage at Church St. advising of the closure. West bound traffic will be allowed to reach Yonge St. but no further. They will have to turn at Yonge. East bound traffic will see signage advising of the closure from Balmuto to Yonge St. No through traffic will be permitted.

If you have any questions, please contact Joshua Lax,
Josh@MizrahiDevelopments.ca

Sincerely,
Dave ⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛

Most people who bought here probably don't live in Toronto. They put this out to make their foreign investors think progress is being made lol. On a serious note, so happy that it sounds like the concrete pour is going to happen today! Let's just hope the trucker convoy in Toronto doesn't somehow disrupt this any further!

New Announcement​

A new announcement has been posted. Click the link below to view the details (no login required).
Bloor St. W. Road Closure - Saturday, February 5

Dear ⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ Residents,
Please be aware that the closure of Bloor St. W. has once again been postponed and will take place Saturday, February 5th from 6am to 6pm from Yonge St. to Balmuto St.
This is to accommodate a concrete pour at 1 Bloor St. W. Paid duty police officers will be onsite to direct traffic and pedestrians away from the site.
There will be signage at Church St. advising of the closure. West bound traffic will be allowed to reach Yonge St. but no further. They will have to turn at Yonge. East bound traffic will see signage advising of the closure from Balmuto to Yonge St. No through traffic will be permitted.

If you have any questions, please contact Joshua Lax,
Josh@MizrahiDevelopments.ca

Sincerely,
Dave ⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
Lots of workers around but no pouring going on as of right now.

Edit; workers say no pour happening

Lots of workers around but no pouring going on as of right now.

Edit; workers say no pour happening
Makes me wonder that they granted it so a certain other party can't occupy it. Or least that seems to be a convenient conclusion from a more /tinfoil perspective. Either way, I'm not complaining. <3

I'd have to imagine the impending protest would've disrupted the pour. Given the other nearby closures, police may have also wanted to keep this open.

Regardless this development can't catch a break, between being exceedingly slow and constant bad luck, it's taking forever. Quite unfortunate.

Back