News   May 01, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   May 01, 2024
 340     0 
News   May 01, 2024
 357     0 

Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 (nCoV-2019)

I've done the trip. It wasn't difficult at all.
You’re the only person I know who has said that. ArriveCAN, PCR tests, document uploads, expense.
I'm enjoying it, but I eat on patios if I do eat out and don't do indoor events or large gatherings. I do outdoor things like walking, biking and lap swimming. I wear my mask. I just had a large group of friends all down with COVID because they were all at the same event playing pass the virus.

There are also costs to not dealing with it, such as what we see at hospitals, etc. and the mental health toll this is taking on healthcare workers -- I have a few in the family, and they are so discouraged when they see people NOT taking precautions, because ... freedom! Well, what about their freedom to not have to work 16 hour shifts or to choose who gets the ventilator and who dies? That's the reality of what one of my family members faces on a regular basis.
This post indicates that you’re still in Florida, so you haven’t returned yet.

Interesting, the healthcare workers I’ve talked to think continued restrictions are over the top.

Multiverse must be a thing. Lol

Britain, Ireland, and many US states are moving on. They’ve decided to restore their freedoms, accept that Covid isn’t going anywhere, and manage serious Covid cases through treatments.
I've booked a two week visit to London in March 2022. I can cancel without penalty up to a day before. My expectation is that with the masking and restrictions lifted any one who was going to get Covid will get it now, so that March in London will be mostly populated by the survivors.
You’re the only person I know who has said that. ArriveCAN, PCR tests, document uploads, expense.
My tri-vaxed boss just returned from Dominican Republic. He sailed through Pearson.

I've booked a two week visit to London in March 2022. I can cancel without penalty up to a day before. My expectation is that with the masking and restrictions lifted any one who was going to get Covid will get it now, so that March in London will be mostly populated by the survivors.

My tri-vaxed boss just returned from Dominican Republic. He sailed through Pearson.
I’m sure you’re vaccinated and will be fine, whether or not you get Omicron or some new edition with a name that sounds like a Transformer. Really enjoy your trip. I have British citizenship and have started looking at property there in case the nonsense here continues.

This post indicates that you’re still in Florida, so you haven’t returned yet.

Interesting, the healthcare workers I’ve talked to think continued restrictions are over the top.

Multiverse must be a thing. Lol
I was out of the country, returned and left again. People do that. And yes you have to upload documents but so what? I have travelled plenty and needed certain documents and proof of vaccines elsewhere long before COVID. . It’s really not a big deal unless you choose to make it one. Just follow the steps, have your info ready and you will be fine.

The health care workers in my family, who work directly with COVID patients, just want people to do their part so we can move on.

I was out of the country, returned and left again. People do that. And yes you have to upload documents but so what? I have travelled plenty and needed certain documents and proof of vaccines elsewhere long before COVID. . It’s really not a big deal unless you choose to make it one. Just follow the steps, have your info ready and you will be fine.

The health care workers in my family, who work directly with COVID patients, just want people to do their part so we can move on.
To enter the US I just had to show my passport, not so for entering my own country.
If only Canada could lose its redundant, thick, Soviet-style border entry requirements, Canadians might enjoy travel more. It’s certainly given a boost to airlines and travel in the UK:

They still need to be vaccinated. Many Americans are not. And you now have to be vaccinated and tested to enter the US if you are not a citizen.

They still need to be vaccinated. Many Americans are not. And you now have to be vaccinated and tested to enter the US if you are not a citizen.
If you are not a citizen. At least the US government doesn’t have contempt for its citizens. The PCR requirements for Canadians entering Canada are ridiculous and aren’t preventing Omicron’s spread. The positivity rate on these tests has been much lower than on tests in Canadian communities. Dumb policy.

Canada simply isn’t as free as the US or UK, at least not anymore. Fear and government overreach are accepted by a resigned population that has gotten used to letting government decide how people should live. It’s a substandard existence, living in isolation waiting for the next directive, but people behind the iron curtain don’t know what they’re missing. Hopefully someday Canada finds its way back to normalcy.
À substandard existence, or the freedom to die, that is your choice? I take it you haven't had a lot of hardship in your life. A pandemic like this hasn't happened in a century. It's hard on everyone, especially financially for some, but it is temporary.

À substandard existence, or the freedom to die, that is your choice? I take it you haven't had a lot of hardship in your life. A pandemic like this hasn't happened in a century. It's hard on everyone, especially financially for some, but it is temporary.
I assume you’re retired? Let the younger generations enjoy their lives as you did. You have plenty of ways to protect yourself from Omicron.

Back