Toronto 28 River Street | 65.76m | 18s | Liberty Development | BDP Quadrangle

You'd think that after all their appearances at the OMB, the CRN would know that "lack of privacy" isn't valid grounds for an appeal.

Guess not.

Might I recommend the following alternatives, all within 5-10 minutes walking distance:
  • Eastbound Brewing (700 Queen St E)
  • Saulter Street Brewery (31 Saulter St)
  • Longslice Brewery at the Aviary Brewpub (484 Front St E)
  • The Riverside LCBO also has a very good beer selection.

Might I recommend the following alternatives, all within 5-10 minutes walking distance:
  • Eastbound Brewing (700 Queen St E)
  • Saulter Street Brewery (31 Saulter St)
  • Longslice Brewery at the Aviary Brewpub (484 Front St E)
  • The Riverside LCBO also has a very good beer selection.

I’ll look into those. I forgot Longslice was a brewpub!

Got a notice of community consultation today from the developer’s lawyers.

It appears the developers now have the combined property of 28 River Street and 550 Queen Street East and will be bringing forward a new proposal for the entire site.

The meeting is on Wednesday, March 25, 7-9 pm, Lucie & Thornton Blackburn Conference Centre, 80 Cooperage Street.

Could be a pretty substantial adjustment from the original proposal. 550 Queen East is this current brick office building at the corner:

1583895679462.png

Wow, that could be huge for River Street. Not terribly surprised, given River City being on the south side of the street. Over the next few years we'll also be seeing considerable change further up River/on the west bank of the Don - on Labatt Street, for example.

Spotlight Development president Sherry Larjani had worked with two Toronto architectural firms when she realized she wanted to bring her designs to life and get into the development side of the industry.

So, after spending time as a junior architectural designer for Gordon Ridgley Architects and Mesbur + Smith Architects, she decided to start building her own dream. She started with single-family homes and investments from family members and friends before buying her first condominium site, a The Beer Store property at 550 Queen St. E. at the corner of River Street in Toronto.

After canvassing potential partners, some of whom she already knew and others who were cold calls, Liberty Development Corporation came on as a partner for the project.

New renderings are updated in the database! The total building storey count increased from15 storeys to 18 storeys. The overall height of the building increased from 53.03m to 65.76m. The total unit increased from162 units to 380 units. Finally, the total parking spaces increased from 65 parking spaces to 106 parking spaces.

The project is developed by Liberty Development & Spotlight Development. The architect is now BDP Quadrangle

The renderings are taken from the architectural plan via Rezoning Application:

PLN - Architectural Plans - JAN 5  2022-1.png

PLN - Architectural Plans - JAN 5  2022-2a.jpg

PLN - Architectural Plans - JAN 5  2022-2b.jpg

PLN - Architectural Plans - JAN 5  2022-2c.jpg

PLN - Architectural Plans - JAN 5  2022-2d.jpg

Back