News   Mar 28, 2024
 358     0 

GO Transit Fleet Equipment and other

Jan 16
Please put in 3000 liters and check the oil at Aldershot GO Station
51825544161_4314a50a5d_b.jpg

Seen this car more than the other x-cab cars At Aldershot
51825651723_502187b2ec_b.jpg
Wonder when the rebuilt ones will enter service?

I have been wondering, I have seen some photos of the work going on in North Bay with the refurbishment of the Series II Old Cab Cars. Among the Series II cabs, there was also standard coach #2114. It had been sent back to Toronto it seems with no modifications (ie. Repaint, the installation of newer BiLevel features). I have to wonder why it was sent when the refurbishment order only called for the 15 Series II Cab Cars, and wasn't given any modifications.

GO coach refurb announcement today:

GO coach refurb announcement today:

Which Series of coaches is it?

Along with this article comes this picture of three of the 15 old cab cars being in the most complete state I've seen
They actually look so good in the new GO livery. Excited to see them back on the GO network soon, if only to provide variety to appease my inner rail fan.

You know, I have to wonder what MX's thought process is,

200-214, which are nearly 40 years old and would be the second closest series of cars to EOL, would have their controls reactivated and lead trains again.

Yet 242-250, the series VII deactivated cab cars and are only 16-18 years old, will have their controls permanently deactivated and be converted into regular coaches.

One would think that it would be the opposite way around, no?

Back