Toronto Quay West at Tip Top | ?m | 23s | Mattamy Homes | a—A

Current construction progress.

Too bad the back of Tip Top Lofts will be covered up (for the most part) by Quay West. (The wonderful front/north side of Tip Top Lofts is pictured below).

I'm curious how deep the digging will go here so close to the lake.

June 26 2008

2614228975_b2581d1377.jpg

i'm thinking about buying in this project. i had concerns about the location with regards to public transit. does the streetcar run through this area, since i don't drive, or would i have to walk up to king, to take the streetcar?

i'm thinking about buying in this project. i had concerns about the location with regards to public transit. does the streetcar run through this area, since i don't drive, or would i have to walk up to king, to take the streetcar?

Bathurst & Queens Quay is a very brief walk, there should be a streetcar stop there.

The Bathurst street car is a 2 minute walk north of the building... You can take it to King and Bathurst or all the way to the Bloor and Bathurst subway station.

Public transit from Tip Top Lofts is horrendous, including the 2 minute walk scenarios to a transit stop. A friend lived in there and was so happy to move out to get back to "regular" transit in the City. The problem is off-peak hours as service is really poor. My understanding is that the TTC is studying and long-term planning will likley resolve service problems.

Back