Toronto Time and Space Condos | 101.8m | 29s | Pemberton | Wallman Architects

As of Dec 30! Taken from Sherbourne & Front St E

20211230_130155.jpg

Unlike most on UT, I don't mind this project. It's a welcomed break from endless skinny point towers. It may not be 19 Duncan quality cladding but it's still a step up from what Toronto usually builds. I could name 100 new high rises far more offensive than this.

Last edited:
South side looks amazing so far...rest of it I don't know yet, I'm reserving judgement until cladding goes up.
I live across the street and there's no doubt this thing is a beast. It's huge. The white cladding helps a bit, to make it look less like a battleship, but I don't think it will be winning any design awards.

My fingers are crossed that the wider sidewalks will be one improvement; it will be much nicer (and safer) to walk around that block when the construction is finally complete. I'm also hoping for decent streetscaping and some trees, and that there will be some good retail that can improve the neighbourhood (perhaps a higher-end grocery store to offset the No Frills and replace the Sobey's that used to be there.)

If it's a dead streetscape and years of empty retail units with dirty windows, followed by a ridiculously expensive furniture store nobody ever enters, I will be disappointed.

They are still trying to clear that corner with leaf blowers and shovels. I wonder what they are hoping to accomplish up there today?

TTC bus is still there too.

They cleared the corner of snow, wrapped it up with plastic, and left for the day. I wonder if they plan to pour new floor there tomorrow?

The TTC bus is still there, but the TTC has tweeted that "most" of their fleet is stuck in the snow, so I guess they have a backlog...

Back