News   Mar 28, 2024
 1.3K     3 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 663     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 932     0 

The Tenor (10 Dundas St E, Ent Prop Trust, 10s, Baldwin & Franklin)

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
I don't know whether to be encouraged that TLS will have to improve its aesthetic to accommodate the posh TIFF or to curl up embarassed in a corner waiting for the world's eyes to be on Toronto which will be represented by the abysmal TLS.

I've always wanted to go to the TIFF. Maybe this will be the year I finally go?

It's fun. I recommend a 10-ticket package, go to a few on your own, and perhaps try to get friends in on some others. I did it last year, got near the worst box selection, and still had a great time. You'll likely bump into either people you know or at the least B-list or Can Con celebs at one point or another.

I'm not doing it this year, I'll be on the other side of the Earth while TIFF is going on.

I've always referred to it as Yonge-Dundas Square. Call me crazy, but I tend to call things by their actual names.
Calling it Dundas Square is just lazy ;) It's like people calling me Khris when my name is Khristopher.

At this point, Dundas Square is more of an address for the businesses on the south side...

I called the Toronto Life Square office in May to ask about the sign. They said the sign has not been installed yet because they are waiting for sign-off from Toronto Life (magazine). Their goal was to hopefully have it installed by the end of the summer. To their knowledge, it would be installed.

It would be fantastic to have it installed SOON!!!

I wonder if Milestone's will open next week eh?

Awesome thanks for that info. It would definitely define it as a place when it has a name on the building.
Right now it's just the building full of ads lol.

Awesome thanks for that info. It would definitely define it as a place when it has a name on the building.
Right now it's just the building full of ads lol.

Try working in the area and explaining what the building is. I usually just say the building with the AMC at Yonge/Dundas when people ask how to get to something inside it.

does anyone know when chipolte opens? i grew up in the states and i think its awesome.

I was by last Tuesday or Wednesday and it looked just about ready then, so it shouldn't be long. I've read good things about Chipolte, I'm looking forward to giving it a shot.

I've had Chipotle before, it isn't anything special. Compared to a Taco Bell it's ultra-premium, but compared to what you can get around town (like, say, Burrito Boyz) it's mediocre at best

i partly agree with you, its a gourmet taco bell. compared to the other tex mex or cali mex burrito places its up to par. hopefully it will taste as good as it does in the states. for example, taco bell tastes a bit more bland here than in the states.

Burrito Boyz has sucked consistently for the past few years. Chipotle (at least in Chicago and SD CA) is consistently tasty and fresh without any bullshit Toronto hipster grubbiness! zaver

uhhh for a noob to knock on Burrito Boyz and go ga ga about a chain is suspicious at best. Burrito Boyz isn't the best in the world, but it's better than any chain. Though if I wasn't smarter than to call in at lunch for the Peter/Richmond location, i probably would never go because of the ridiculous lineups

Uhhh yes, suspicious indeed. You see, I work for a chain. In fact, I work for ALL the chains... All I was trying to say is that I've had both dozens of times and find BB mediocre these days. I'd say the Boyz R coasting... But you're probably right, Senior Forum Member; ALL chains suck and ALL indies rule!

Back