Toronto Lower Don Lands Redevelopment | ?m | ?s | Waterfront Toronto

The bridge is a few hours east of Quebec City and was doing 6 km last night. It only doing 4 km now.

The bridge is a few hours east of Quebec City and was doing 6 km last night. It only doing 4 km now.
I assume that they have a time reserved to get into the St Lawrence Seaway so will time their trip to get there just in time.

I assume that they have a time reserved to get into the St Lawrence Seaway so will time their trip to get there just in time.
Currently haft way between Quebec City and Montreal doing 5.3 km. No idea on time slot for the locks and if there is one for the bridge. What taking place weather wise and traffic in the St Lawrence could be causing issues. It was hugging the south shore coming into the river as well on the trip down it.

The bridge is in Montreal doing the first lift at 2.5 m with about 279 NM to go before we see it.

The bridge is in Montreal doing the first lift at 2.5 m with about 279 NM to go before we see it.
Appreciate the updates ! Hopefully it will arrive in daylight hours !

Appreciate the updates ! Hopefully it will arrive in daylight hours !
Based on speed, where it is now and distant to go, could be here Friday around 6 pm.

It currently in the last lock. You can see the tug and and the bridge when you zoom in

https://twitter.com/WaterfrontTO
https://twitter.com/WaterfrontTO
Waterfront Toronto
@WaterfrontTO
·
Dec 1

When the Cherry St. South Bridge arrives, it will already be sitting on Self Propelled Modular Transporters (SPMTs). These machines will drive the bridge off the barge and on to a specially constructed landing pad, and eventually onto the foundations. #BridgeWatchTO
What has me thinking is how it will be place over the water while on Self Propelled Modular Transporters that are under the bridge now.

Based on the fact that there is water on both side of the pier support now, that there has to be a crane on one side of the new river to help to place the bridge into position. This requires one end to be lifted off the SPMTs that will be move out of the way to allow the other end to walk the bridge up to the foundation with the crane supporting the other end as well walk the bridge into position.

When the bridge arrives, the tug will go from pull to push, as there isn't enough room to come in frontward nor turn around that I have seen.

This may happen tomorrow night under lights or first thing Sat.

Will be fun to see what take place for this bridge.

What take place for placing the bridge will most likely happen for the LRT bridge when it arrives in the next few years.

Bridge doing 6.6 km just east of Cornwall with 224 nm to go

Tug VIGILANT I is now at the rear of the bridge as it approach the Wiley-Dondero Canal at 1.1 km waiting for a cargo ship heading east to enter it and then hit the last lock. The Tug VIGILANT I destination is saying Montreal, yet been with the bridge and the Beverly after Montreal.

The bridge is about 199 nm from the off loading area doing 5.4 km. It is about 57 km east of Kingston. Best guess based on current info, it about 32 hours away and would put it here around 1 pm Sat. Speed should increase once in Lake Ontario and if so, be here before noon Sat

Those who maybe going to see the bridge arrive on Sat, it moving at 7.7 with an ETA of 13:23 Dec 4. It currently about 2.5 hours east of Kingston

Those who maybe going to see the bridge arrive on Sat, it moving at 7.7 with an ETA of 13:23 Dec 4. It currently about 2.5 hours east of Kingston
For those /voting this with unhappy faces can always bring a packed lunch to see this being hulled in at a time that's cramping your lunch hour.

Traffic Notice

Upcoming Short-Term, Temporary, Closure: Cherry Street between Commissioners Street and Polson Street

The Cherry Street South Bridge is scheduled to arrive in Toronto this weekend. To offload the bridge, we need to close Cherry Street and the Martin Goodman Trail between Commissioners Street and Polson Street for a short duration, most likely on Sunday afternoon and/or evening.

The exact time of the closure can only be established once the bridge has arrived. Paid Duty Officers and/or flagpersons will direct and control both cycling and vehicular traffic.

Back