Toronto Lower Don Lands Redevelopment | ?m | ?s | Waterfront Toronto

You sure about that? I thought the yellow - while not super intense - was hot the yellowish white that it is now.

AoD

I remember speaking to Concord's art consultant about it shortly after it was installed, as there were a lot of complaints that it looked faded. She defended the colour saying it was an intentional choice. The last time I used it was in the dark so I can't tell if it has faded even more than I remember. It's entirely possible though.

Found an old UT story with pics from the ribbon cutting:

Last edited:
I remember speaking to Concord's art consultant about it shortly after it was installed, as there were a lot of complaints that it looked faded. She defended the colour saying it was an intentional choice. The last time I used it was in the dark so I can't tell if it has faded even more than I remember. It's entirely possible though.

In any case, nothing a lick of paint won't solve.

AoD

In any case, nothing a lick of paint won't solve.

AoD

We're in Toronto. You know we can't afford paint. :p

Actually, I'm pretty sure that was the rationale behind the yellow chosen as well. Fading would be less of an issue. I guess we don't need to worry about that anymore though. Puente de Luz won't be around for that much longer.

We're in Toronto. You know we can't afford paint. :p

Actually, I'm pretty sure that was the rationale behind the yellow chosen as well. Fading would be less of an issue. I guess we don't need to worry about that anymore though. Puente de Luz won't be around for that much longer.

We can afford paint; we can't afford the painters :p

Anyways, since the coloured portion of these bridges is semi-sheltered, it might last longer - hopefully.

AoD

I noticed today that they have removed all of the concrete median on Lake Shore East that ran from the start of the Gardiner to Carlaw. It looks as though they will be paving the median right from Carlaw to the Don and then working on both sides.

Cherry St. South Bridge is still expected next month but with a spring/summer 2022 projected opening (according to whoever is running their IG account).

For what it's worth, one of the usual suspect tugs is hovering around the Cherubini Metal Works dock in Halifax these days.

Screen capture from: https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/shipid:380835/zoom:15

1637715844606.png

Today they seem to be doing final grading on the north side of the area that was below the raised Gardiner. It seems that traffic will be moved to the north first while they work on the south side of Lake Shore.

We have spoken here about the continuation of the rail line that runs across the Don and goes (went) to Ashbridges Bay Sewage plant and the Cruise Ship Terminal. It has been cut in several places (including at new Canada Post building) and is clearly 'dead'. The FARM package notes

1. City to advise on direction regarding the Harbour Lead Rail staying. Due Date: Dec-21

Back