A few phone shots from a recent site tour:

740FC365-5581-4C56-9E24-B6F2CA3C6F80.jpeg
FB9ECB62-9867-466F-A75F-CD2E0DBCDEDC.jpeg
29214F9D-C7EF-4CB8-9390-5A7C365A3521.jpeg

Attachments

• 88650003-A45B-4877-BB81-B38E4FC06F67.jpeg
    88650003-A45B-4877-BB81-B38E4FC06F67.jpeg
    256 KB · Views: 108
The Shipping season is coming to a close and are we still to see the South Cherry St Road bridge delivery this year or has it been push down the road??

With the plan to push the LRT line to Polson Loop that requires an LRT bridge not budget to be built first and install before the road as it would be the cheapest option than trying to install the road bridge first. Items need to be fabricated in Europe first and ship to Halifax

If pushed down the road, it could delay opening the new Cherry St late next year.

If both bridges are shipped at the same time, it will speed up the insulation of them and doing the back filling for both bridges.
I think the original schedule was that it would arrive in November but your point about the suggested LRT bridge is well made. However, no decision has yet been made on that possible extension/terminus of the QQE LRT line and there are no $$ set aside for it. Also, even if an LRT bridge were ordered tomorrow it would not get here for MANY MANY months. In addition, the building of the concrete bridge supports would, I think, be far easier to do before the new Don River channel is opened up. In short, I doubt that things will be put on hold for the LRT bridge and IF it is ever approved it will need to be installed over water. Though I think that extending the LT down Cherry to just south of the new Don River is a good idea, I really doubt it will happen - though I suppose they could squeeze a loop in NORTH of the new river.

EDIT

Here is the 'bridge schedule' from the Sept 2021 meeting of FARM;

The key accomplishments for last quarter include:
• West half of Commissioners Street bridge delivered to site
• Continued with steel fabrication of bridge superstructures for delivery to site beginning in Q1 of 2021/22 in accordance with the following schedule:
East half of Commissioners (scheduled for August 2021 delivery)
o Cherry South (scheduled for October 2021 delivery), and
o Cherry North vehicular (scheduled for April 2022 delivery)

Last edited:
will this bridge have a twin ?
If you mean the Cherry South Bridge (the one supposedly arriving this fall) the answer is "maybe". Currently only the one due now is planned but there are now discussions of bringing the QQE LRT south on the new Cherry Street to a loop just north of the Ship Channel. If you mean the Commissioners St Bridge the answer is "eventually", if (or when?) the LRT is brought along Commissioners to link to the Leslie Street barns.

I hope the color of these beautiful bridges doesn't suffer the same fate as the CityPlace Puente de Luz Bridge (ie, fading color).
Puente de Luz didn't fade. The faded yellow colour was an intentional choice by the artist. It's been like that since it was built.

Back