Toronto 100 Queens Quay at Sugar Wharf | 117.34m | 25s | Menkes | B+H

This building should have went up two of more times higher than it is being right near the waterfront . A simple but affective looking building that stands out from afar with its dark glazed windows . Just look at the photo up above!

This building should have went up two of more times higher than it is being right near the waterfront . A simple but affective looking building that stands out from afar with its dark glazed windows . Just look at the photo up above!
The planning for Queens Quay is that buildings ON or south of QQ are not very tall while those just north can be very tall. Pinnacle One Yonge being a good example where the first (shorter) building just topped out and the next very tall tower is underway.

The planning for Queens Quay is that buildings ON or south of QQ are not very tall while those just north can be very tall. Pinnacle One Yonge being a good example where the first (shorter) building just topped out and the next very tall tower is underway.
I understand everything you're saying clearly which makes sense . But I love the way this building pops out from others around it viewing from Center Island . Which is much needed in the foreground of the city's waterfront . If someone can produce a good photo of this building from Center Island . You will understand what I mean!

I understand everything you're saying clearly which makes sense . But I love the way this building pops out from others around it viewing from Center Island . Which is much needed in the foreground of the city's waterfront . If someone can produce a good photo of this building from Center Island . You will understand what I mean!
If you are patient you will see FAR taller buildings immediately north of it so we may BOTH win!

Does a downtown LCBO really need a ton of dedicated parking? Most of them don't have any. Given the amount of housing being built in the area, plus the waterfront LRT if it ever gets built, this will be a store most people who use it shouldn't be driving to. The area is fundamentally different now than when the old store and it's huge parking lot were built.

That said, as @evandyk said, it'll be under the building. Possibly via the opening on the ground level you can see on the left side of the picture above.
This is a huge LCBO store going in, a flagship with products that you won't be able to get at many other LCBOs, so people will drive from a distance to patronize it, especially with it being so close to the Gardiner.

This is a huge LCBO store going in, a flagship with products that you won't be able to get at many other LCBOs, so people will drive from a distance to patronize it, especially with it being so close to the Gardiner.

Do we know if it will be larger than the existing store? Looks smaller to me, but hoping it’s bigger as it’s definitely one of the best ones in Toronto today for selection. Would hate to see less.

Do we know if it will be larger than the existing store? Looks smaller to me, but hoping it’s bigger as it’s definitely one of the best ones in Toronto today for selection. Would hate to see less.
I'm not sure how large the current store a block to the west is, but this will be 25.000 sq ft. Summerhill is apparently 31.000 sq ft.

I'm not sure how large the current store a block to the west is, but this will be 25.000 sq ft. Summerhill is apparently 31.000 sq ft.

The existing store, including back-of-house is ~24,000ft2.

If you are patient you will see FAR taller buildings immediately north of it so we may BOTH win!
If you're talking about the two towers going up behind this one. I hope they're going pop out as much as the Harbour Plaza Residents towers do. Which I think is one of the most eye appealing condo facade on the waterfront today. And this company had it looking simular to that in the first rendering. But went with this current facade idea instead to my surprise.

The existing store, including back-of-house is ~24,000ft2.

Sweet! So this will be around the same size. I've been worried about that lately since it's closer and more accessible (yes by car) than Summerhill, so it's been my go-to for some wines I can't get at other locations. Would've sucked to have it switch to something smaller with a more basic selection.

How many parking spots does the Summerhill LCBO have? 30 maybe? Maybe as many as 50, if you look at both the north and south sides?

More than you would expect: about 45 in the north lot, ~60 in the east lot (that entire lot against the railway line behind the residential building).

It's a quirky store. Most customers walk-in, but those driving generate most of the revenue (by purchasing dozens of bottles per trip).

The small commercial lot (now a condo site) had an additional 30.

As of 2015, the Queen's Quay LCBO was their most profitable location in Ontario. I'm not sure about more recently.

It's also the busiest LCBO for licensees (restaurants), with parking and location being a key reason.

When the Summerhill-North Toronto Station store was renovated in 2004, the LCBO planned on the location being the "flagship," but it was never able to match the revenue of Queen's Quay.

I know the Queen's Quay store has provisions for bulk ordering too, which I haven't seen in other stores, though I admit I've never been in the Summerhill Store. I imagine a good chunk of their orders are not from retail customers but as mentioned from restaurants and bulk corporate orders.

Back