Toronto Pinnacle One Yonge | 344.9m | 105s | Pinnacle | Hariri Pontarini

So if the rumour is true, they could be going for up to 360m here potentially? That's somewhat exciting. (Don't quote this, i just did some quick math without looking at the original arch plans.)

Feels like that would be more than a 'minor' variance if true.

Also, a change this drastic to increase the height would also mean slowing the construction down to account for any required additional structural analysis. I don't think they'd be able to forge ahead on building the basement if the height is being increased given that they might need additional support columns to support the extra weight of the new floors.

Also, the building bulges out and back in through the height of the tower, so any increase in height might also mean they have to change the super-structure to match the new height. With orders for the cladding and windows probably already locked in, they wouldn't risk jeopardizing that.

I will be super pumped if I'm proven wrong and it does happen, but with what we know currently, I'm not optimistic.

Also, a change this drastic to increase the height would also mean slowing the construction down to account for any required additional structural analysis. I don't think they'd be able to forge ahead on building the basement if the height is being increased given that they might need additional support columns to support the extra weight of the new floors.

Also, the building bulges out and back in through the height of the tower, so any increase in height might also mean they have to change the super-structure to match the new height. With orders for the cladding and windows probably already locked in, they wouldn't risk jeopardizing that.

I will be super pumped if I'm proven wrong and it does happen, but with what we know currently, I'm not optimistic.
While these are very valid concerns, my understand is that the above grade portion of the project has not yet been approved for construction (which nowadays is more common), and this is a high level rumour to the point where the contractors are being asked to preplan a possible increase.

If this rumor is true, the substructure would have already been planned to support the extra weight of 10 floors, as the tussle for the extra height with Mizrahi has been going on for a bit.

The issue with cladding can be resolved by either:

1. Adding the floors above the already existing MPH, which would avoid modifying already existing cladding, or
2. By adding more floors where the cladding and floor plate are consistent (existing L50-60), which would also avoid a redesign.

Once again, these are rumors, just wanted to bring it up again for my UT brothers and sisters.

From Canoe, 54th floor of TD centre, yesterday evening:
IMG-20211023-WA0008.jpg

Back