Toronto Wellesley on the Park | 194.15m | 60s | Lanterra | KPMB

FB7R7D8XEAUT6fc
LINK

For those not getting previews and/or only a small one, I will bring the image forward from that link:

1634563203163.png

Credit: Bay Cloverhill

Edit to add: Boy that turning circle/driveway stands out like a sore thumb.

It's a shame something could have been done to lessen its presence/impact.

For those not getting previews and/or only a small one, I will bring the image forward from that link:

View attachment 356320
Credit: Bay Cloverhill

Edit to add: Boy that turning circle/driveway stands out like a sore thumb.

It's a shame something could have been done to lessen its presence/impact.
But they just recently laid down some new indoor/outdoor and put some rocks on it.

This has probably been answered already but who is maintaining this park? Is this a POPS or a city park? Because if the latter, based on my experience, the following will happen in short-order: that condo retaining wall be tagged, as will those green sculptural elements (and probably the benches); litter accumulation on said benches, grass destroyed by dog piss, no trash bins so garbage left by the walking paths, the stones will be marked up with stickers and graffiti and I suspect the kids from nearby St. Joe's will use it as a giant outdoor ashtray, and it will no doubt attract - "characters" - from the nearby Yonge and Wellesley intersection with the attendant issues they bring. I would be very interested to see photos of this place in a couple of months. Hope I'm proven wrong, but...

This has probably been answered already but who is maintaining this park? Is this a POPS or a city park? Because if the latter, based on my experience, the following will happen in short-order: that condo retaining wall be tagged, as will those green sculptural elements (and probably the benches); litter accumulation on said benches, grass destroyed by dog piss, no trash bins so garbage left by the walking paths, the stones will be marked up with stickers and graffiti and I suspect the kids from nearby St. Joe's will use it as a giant outdoor ashtray, and it will no doubt attract - "characters" - from the nearby Yonge and Wellesley intersection with the attendant issues they bring. I would be very interested to see photos of this place in a couple of months. Hope I'm proven wrong, but...

It is a City Park.

And I certainly hope your prognostication is wrong.

I'm also sure there will be garbage cans.

I really don't get the addition of the boulders. They must add a lot of weight to the underground parking roof?? To me they just look like additional barriers and aren't particularly attractive. They're a great place to lose your keys or phone, or anything else small enough that can fall between them. I wouldn't want to sit on them.

I really don't get the addition of the boulders. They must add a lot of weight to the underground parking roof?? To me they just look like additional barriers and aren't particularly attractive. They're a great place to lose your keys or phone, or anything else small enough that can fall between them. I wouldn't want to sit on them.
But they look rustic

Back