IMG_1915.jpg
IMG_1916.jpg
IMG_1917.jpg
IMG_1918.jpg
IMG_1919.jpg
IMG_1920.jpg

Up next

Part 4: Central Median

Today is October. In seven months, it will be May. Usually we have "Open Doors Toronto" in May. In 2019, we were able to view the Mt. Dennis Maintenance and Storage Facility. While we could see the "alleged" opening of Line 5 in 2022, we could be able to view the inside of some of the stations by May of 2022.

May, 2022 would be a good target for opening of the stations, if not the whole of Line 5. Also hopeful that the COVID-19 numbers for Ontario and Toronto will continue to go down.

Thanks for the pictures!
No problemo

Here's Part 4 of 13 taken at Cedarvale station on September 28, 2021

Central Median:

IMG_1921.jpg
IMG_1922.jpg
IMG_1923.jpg

Given that there are concerns that I have been pic-bombing and are scrolling past my posts because of that, I have compromised by having additional photos in spoiler tags for those who want to see additional photos and those who don't want to aren't forced to look at them. To view them, click on the spoiler tags.

IMG_1924.jpg
IMG_1925.jpg
IMG_1926.jpg
IMG_1927.jpg
IMG_1928.jpg
IMG_1929.jpg

IMG_1939.jpg
IMG_1940.jpg
IMG_1941.jpg
IMG_1942.jpg

IMG_1943.jpg
IMG_1944.jpg

Up next

Part 5: South Side

No problemo

Here's Part 4 of 13 taken at Cedarvale station on September 28, 2021

Central Median:

View attachment 354349View attachment 354350View attachment 354351

Given that there are concerns that I have been pic-bombing and are scrolling past my posts because of that, I have compromised by having additional photos in spoiler tags for those who want to see additional photos and those who don't want to aren't forced to look at them. To view them, click on the spoiler tags.

Up next

Part 5: South Side
thx for the detailed pics

I don’t see how the line can open next year. The TTC needs at least 6 months to test and commission the line end to end. The track and overhead wires aren’t even installed for most of the underground section. My bet is 2023 unless something gets accelerated next year and it gets pulled into late 2022.

I don’t see how the line can open next year. The TTC needs at least 6 months to test and commission the line end to end. The track and overhead wires aren’t even installed for most of the underground section. My bet is 2023 unless something gets accelerated next year and it gets pulled into late 2022.

Agreed. 2022 is out of the question. This won't be in operation until Feb/March 2023.

Agreed. 2022 is out of the question. This won't be in operation until Feb/March 2023.
Hopefully this can be the case. As stations get completed the thinking is that they can divert more resources to those still under construction. Worst case they can get the stations to functional condition and complete the minor aesthetic finishes after the line is open. Case in point is the viva rapidway where they took their time post opening to finish all the planters and landscape.

Hopefully this can be the case. As stations get completed the thinking is that they can divert more resources to those still under construction. Worst case they can get the stations to functional condition and complete the minor aesthetic finishes after the line is open. Case in point is the viva rapidway where they took their time post opening to finish all the planters and landscape.
About that--they were still working on planters and sidewalks at the Yonge-407 intersection as recently as.. yesterday!

Here's Part 5 of 13 taken at Cedarvale station on September 28, 2021
I appreciate the photos and I hesitate to provide you feedback in fear you might stop posting at all, but I think the point that people were trying to make, one with a "photobomb" comment, is that there isn't much curation going on. This last set gives photos of a wheel barrow, a bag of something, a slow sign, and a wooden wall that we want to look over but can't from seven slightly different angles and zoom levels. If this is an art project you are going to need to add some filters and effects, but if this is to show us new developments then when adding a photo to the website I do think the question needs to be asked is "am I showing something new or showing something already shown".

P.S. The Spoiler tags are genius... I didn't know this forum had such a thing.

Last edited:
I appreciate the photos and I hesitate to provide you feedback in fear you might stop posting at all, but I think the point that people were trying to make, one with a "photobomb" comment, is that there isn't much curation going on. This last set gives photos of a wheel barrow, a bag of something, a slow sign, and a wooden wall that we want to look over but can't from seven slightly different angles and zoom levels. If this is an art project you are going to need to add some filters and effects, but if this is to show us new developments then when adding a photo to the website I do think the question needs to be asked is "am I showing something new or showing something already shown".

The photos the way he posting now is good... Like 1 main photo of whats going on at the site and all the other photos under spoiler.

I have updated the post as there's a new structure being built as evidenced by the plywood wall.

The photos the way he posting now is good... Like 1 main photo of whats going on at the site and all the other photos under spoiler.
Thanks. I will do that with many of my future construction photos (unless there are three or fewer photos).

Back