Toronto Ontario Line 3 | ?m | ?s

Is that really necessary?

I thought one of the big problems with going underground was the time it would take to get to the surface. If they were going to put elevators everywhere in the first place the point was irrelevant? :p
It won't be 14 elevators going to the same place though, so it's not really a direct comparison. It'll be two per platform or entrance (similar to the Ottawa LRT). Most people will be using the stairs/escalators. That said, I wouldn't have minded having an underground station with 14 high-speed elevators, but they'd never have spent that kind of money.

It won't be 14 elevators going to the same place though, so it's not really a direct comparison. It'll be two per platform or entrance (similar to the Ottawa LRT). Most people will be using the stairs/escalators. That said, I wouldn't have minded having an underground station with 14 high-speed elevators, but they'd never have spent that kind of money.

I guess we'll see what happens with another project that has deep stations.

i know steve munro has been asking for metrolinx to consider what the train sounds would sound like with trains and ontario together but i think this should answer the question.

They are likely the nouveau riche NIMBYs, who demand things should only go their way.
I think they are taking a page out of a certain council member of Toronto city council and a TTC board member who asks for everyone else to do research for them. One time they asked Bombardier if they had research available for them about how their competitors would do something.

I think they are taking a page out of a certain council member of Toronto city council and a TTC board member who asks for everyone else to do research for them. One time they asked Bombardier if they had research available for them about how their competitors would do something.
I have seen questions on some of Metrolinx's Q&A that I already know the answer to, that have already been answered weeks or months ago. Seem to be mostly people who only just "discovered" that they are building something or anything, to their surprise. There should be an archive available where people could be directed to search for answers that already been answered.

I have seen questions on some of Metrolinx's Q&A that I already know the answer to, that have already been answered weeks or months ago. Seem to be mostly people who only just "discovered" that they are building something or anything, to their surprise. There should be an archive available where people could be directed to search for answers that already been answered.
that would mean they have to look for it themselves instead of asking a question that has been asked before.

These questions in the meeting are brutal. Do rich NIMBYS not know how to do their own research?

Doubtless there are plenty of brutal questions, I'll spare myself listening to them.

But I will say this...

I've been at the front of the room for a few public meetings.........and not as a developer or advocate for same...........in my experience, a lot of the questions are every bit as bad as any transit or planning meeting at those meetings.

People often attend meetings; especially if the subject is causing them worry or anger, without any more thought than loudly expressing their objection, and sharing their wisdom such as it is...........
Such sentiments are usually from the 'negative' crowd.........but that isn't always 'NIMBY' per se.

People who are happy with an idea don't tend to bother going to meetings to voice their support. (the cycling community is a notable exception on some key projects)
That said, even some project supporters (of something I: support) can make me wince, and if at the front of a room, I need to put my head into my sleeve as if to cough to avoid a very obvious eyeroll!

Any pro-cycling or transit advocate whose been around in Toronto has had to sit through a Hamish Wilson tirade about 'Caronto' and man, when he gets done his 5 minutes if I'm not left thinking we should take out the sidewalks on his street, so he can't get to any more meetings! LOL

Last edited:

Back