Mississauga Hurontario-Main Line 10 LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

Oh! Does Mississauga need two arenas?
In ten years the paramount centre will be thirty years old. Ricoh will have been thirty years since last renovation. I’m advocating that Mississauga consider closing paramount centre and opening a new 10000 person arena closer to downtown and on the Hurontario line.

paramount centre would then be redeveloped.

Doesn't Mississauga City Hall have an ongoing study looking at a location for a new stadium in MCC that would house a potential CPL expansion side?
That was a rumour. It would be strange to me that they decide to build a outdoor stadium which could only be used part of the year for a league which is not as proven as the raptor 905 or Toronto Marlins, which would take up significantly more land downtown while leaving the hockey and basketball arena in a sea of parking.

That was a rumour. It would be strange to me that they decide to build a outdoor stadium which could only be used part of the year for a league which is not as proven as the raptor 905 or Toronto Marlins, which would take up significantly more land downtown while leaving the hockey and basketball arena in a sea of parking.
No Mississauga Council voted to spend $100,000 on a study to explore that topic. It is a real study not a rumour.

The history of it is in this thread here.

Last edited:
Sep 5
DJI_0789.JPG
DJI_0801.JPG

In ten years the paramount centre will be thirty years old. Ricoh will have been thirty years since last renovation. I’m advocating that Mississauga consider closing paramount centre and opening a new 10000 person arena closer to downtown and on the Hurontario line.

paramount centre would then be redeveloped.
The city could run a bus service from Matheson to the Paramount centre. There will be a LRT stop at Matheson.

The city could run a bus service from Matheson to the Paramount centre. There will be a LRT stop at Matheson.
I was envisioning some sports bars and restaurants around a stadium to give people something to do other than go to the mall. I didn’t mean to derail the thread. Apologies for not knowing that the city passed a study for a downtown soccer stadium But it doesn’t appear anything has come out of it as that thread is dead as a door nail.

Mississauga wants its loop back.

Idiotic and misguided group councillors. If they are going to go this route, why dont they push for the City Centre bus terminal to be moved to Hurontario and Robert Speck while they are at it? That way having the loop would make operational sense.

We already know how this game is going to go; once they get their loop, service will most likely take riders on a grand tour of Mississauga before they can actually reach their destination. I highly doubt they would have some service bypass the loop, while the other portion of the route serviced the route.

Idiotic and misguided group councillors. If they are going to go this route, why dont they push for the City Centre bus terminal to be moved to Hurontario and Robert Speck while they are at it? That way having the loop would make operational sense.

We already know how this game is going to go; once they get their loop, service will most likely take riders on a grand tour of Mississauga before they can actually reach their destination. I highly doubt they would have some service bypass the loop, while the other portion of the route serviced the route.
Honestly... I pretty strongly suspect that the actual arrangement would be forcing a transfer.

I have the same concern, but on balance would really prefer to see the loop exist than not.

Their whole strategy seems to be based around some pretty backwards thinking that the only reason anyone would use the HuLRT is to go to Square One/MCC.

Back