Toronto Crosstown LRT: Science Centre Station | ?m | 2s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

Looks like the City to me.

The lot lines on TOMaps show it as part of the Eglinton Avenue East ROW.

View attachment 349125

The pink line near the top of the image is the south limit of the new bus terminal.

The pink line at the bottom is oddly placed, but would be the Eglinton ROW on the south side.

The box with 1180 is rather confusing..........

City ownership would make sense here, as the Eglinton/Don Mills interchange was conceived as a future expressway-style flyover, which is why the City owns the parcels on the south side (ramps)
Ahhhh yes you are correct I see it now in the station renderings.
We have to wonder are there any pedestrian tunnels or relocated utilities under that space.

We have to wonder are there any pedestrian tunnels or relocated utilities under that space.

To my recollection, the bus terminal here, and presumably any connections thereto were to be built in such a way as to facilitate development over the top at a future date.

I could stand to be corrected, as it's been awhile since I looked into the details at this site.

Well I found the answer to this question - you can see the pedestrian tunnel under construction from the cut and cover station to the bus terminal. So it looks like the area has remained unexcavated, and therefore good for a housing site!

sc-flyover.jpg

how far away do you actully think it is? One of them is poerbbly a two-minute walk to it along the saidewalk and down the driveway to it.
According to Google Maps it's a 4 minute walk and their time is conservative usually. So not too bad if you really think about it

During a summer downpour or a winter blizzard?

Most downtown folk walk more than 4 minutes to the nearest station. In the suburbs it's MUCH further. Are people really getting that lazy and fragile that they can't go 4 minutes in weather? It's water, not lava. And we live in Toronto, not the North Pole.

Last edited:
Most downtown folk walk more than 4 minutes to the nearest station. In the suburbs it's MUCH further. Are people really getting that lazy and fragile that they can't go 4 minutes in weather? It's water, not lava. And we live in Toronto, not the North Pole.
At least downtown, we have shops, restaurants, and other distractions along the way. In the suburbs, we generally have asphalt deserts of parking lots, where the only distractions are the makes of cars as you safari to reach your destinations.

At least downtown, we have shops, restaurants, and other distractions along the way. In the suburbs, we generally have asphalt deserts of parking lots, where the only distractions are the makes of cars as you safari to reach your destinations.
TBH as an immigrant back home we had to walk 40 minutes each morning just to get water regardless if it would be raining or not. Along the way as a child we would be concerned that we would get mugged or harassed. I thank GOD every single day that I am in Canada.

With that being said I am ever so grateful that they are building the Eglinton LRT / Ontario Line Science Center Station and it will only be a 4 minute walk to the Science Centre in a safe and inclusive environment where I do not have to worry for my life or feel unsafe. On a side note - @HousingNowTO is working on the parking lot adjacent to the station and building 3 high-rise buildings with retail. This will reduce some of the parking lots and perhaps you will then only need to see parking lots for the last minute or 2 of your 4 minute walk.

Also I am going to add Ontario Line will be literally on top of you as you walk south on Don Mills and they will be creating some sort of community space (they are still deciding what as per there last town halls) under the elevated portion of the Ontario Line. Metrolinx asked the town hall folks to provide their feedback on what they want under the elevated portion. Feel free to provide your feedback to them directly.

I am confident with the addition of the Housing Now Project and the Elevated Ontario Line community spaces your 4 minute walk will be much more comfortable for you.

Last edited:
Surface Parking-Lots + 10 years... New Elementary School, New Daycare, New Community-Use, New Parks... and 2,000+ new Households...

View attachment 354604

View attachment 354605
Let's hope the safari becomes an enjoyable walk. May crossing the new road between the actual Ontario Science Centre and the southwest entrance to the Science Centre Station be more Vision Zero, IE. raised crosswalk, by forcing the motorists to slow down.
RaiPed2.jpg
From link.

Back